Lemon essential oil
The lemon tree (citrus limonum in Latin) is a tree with dark green, rather stiff leaves and pink or white flowers. It belongs to the Rutaceae family.
Photo doTERRA International, LLC in Pexels
Originally from the Mediterranean basin, the lemon tree is particularly widespread in Italy and Spain, but also in Cyprus, California, Israel, etc..
The essential oil (HE) of lemon is obtained by cold pressing the peel of the fruit. Its color is pale yellow. It has a fresh, fruity and spicy smell.
The main compounds of the EO of the lemon: limonene, pinene, terpinene, geranium.
What are the benefits of Lemon Essential Oil (LEA)?
Lemon essential oil has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that make it effective against infections. It also promotes healing.
By diluting the blood and strengthening the blood vessels, lemon EC limits the risk of phlebitis and thrombosis. It acts positively on anemia, couperose and arteriosclerosis.
Another indication of the essential oil of lemon: the purification of the digestive system. It calms intestinal and stomach pains, relieves nausea and dizziness, and can be used as a vermifuge. In general, lemon is a food that promotes digestion and drains the liver.
Diuretic, this essential oil prevents urinary lithiasis (kidney stones). This property makes it effective in curing weight loss because it melts fat and eliminates cellulite.
Lemon EO is known to clean the air. Its astringent and thirst quenching properties are also recognized.
Use of lemon essential oil in the diffusion
To decompress at the end of the day, combine twelve drops of lemon EC with five drops of niaouli EC and five drops of lavender EC. Allow the mixture to diffuse into a bowl or diffuser (products available in most supermarkets).
In case of allergic rhinitis, prepare a mixture of three drops of lemon EC, three drops of irradiated eucalyptus EC and three drops of niaouli EC in a diffuser or container. Allow the mixture to diffuse into the air.
Use of lemon essential oil in massage
- To nourish and care for oily skin, massage your face with a mixture of one or two drops of lemon EC in a spoonful of vegetable oil (sweet almond, for example).
- In case of digestive problems, massage your belly clockwise with one or two drops of lemon EC in a spoonful of vegetable oil.
Caution: essential oils should not be used pure, it is essential to dilute them with a vegetable oil (sweet almond for example).
Use of lemon essential oil by inhalation
To treat headaches, skin problems and to act positively on wrinkles, mix three drops of lemon EO in a spoonful of honey and dilute it in half a liter of warm water. Then inhale the preparation.
Contraindications of the essential oil of lemon
- The use of lemon essential oil (LEA) can have photosensitizing effects, so it is not recommended to expose yourself to the sun after its application.
- The use of Lemon EC is prohibited during the first three months of pregnancy and throughout the breastfeeding period.
- This essential oil is prohibited for children under 5 years of age and should be used with caution in the elderly.
- Lemon EC can cause skin irritation.
Warning: essential oils are not suitable for everyone! People with chronic diseases and the elderly should seek the advice of a physician before using essential oils.
You can also get digital health manuals on this topic at Amazon, WalMart, Costco, Sams Club, Carrefour, alibaba, eBay, Aliexpress, Zappos, Target, Newegg, Etsy, My American Market, Macy’s, Staples , MyKasa. Each of these manuals can be found in great online offers.
In big seasons they offer big discounts on health supplements.
You may be interested:
- What is the placenta? What is its function during pregnancy?
- Why Wisdom Tooth Hurt? Curious Answers To Simple Questions
- Hops : health benefits and virtues