Making a necklace of acorns is something really simple and we can even do it as a handicraft with children.
Necklaces from recycled elements seem to have become trend and in fact, we can make them with any element we can think of, even fruits we find in the field or the forest.
If you want to be able to wear an original necklace this season, or make a nice gift, nothing like following now the step guide in which we explain How to make a necklace of acorns.
Although acorns are mainly an autumn fruit, you may have collected a few to decorate the house, which can now be used to make this simple craft: a necklace of acorns that we can paint to our liking and that we can even make with the children at home. Let’s go for it!
- Acrylic painting
- Fine marker
Steps to make a necklace of acorns
- Before elaborating our necklace with acorns, you must make sure that they are clean. To do this you have to clean the acorns with a damp paper towel works, but you can also soak them in a container with water, rubbing lightly to remove the dirt.
- It then dries the upper and lower parts in an oven. This helps get rid of whatever remains. Spread acorns on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 175 degrees F for one hour. Be careful when you take them out, the acorns will be HOT! Allow to cool before handling.
- Then take the acorns and remove the top. Simply wrap the top of the acorn with a napkin, make some pressure and pull up, you’ll see how easy it is to remove the “plug”.
- Take the drill with a very fine drill bit and drill two holes in the top of each stopper.
- Pass a piece of rope or cord, which is long enough for the necklace you want to make through the holes and knot the inside.
- The next step will be to paint the acorn of the colors that you like. If you wish, once you have painted it and it has dried, you can draw a face with the help of the pen of fine point.
- If you don’t want to paint the acorns, you can simply apply a layer of varnish, so that they shine in a special way.
- Once the acorns have dried, all that is left is to apply a drop of glue to the base of the stopper, where the knot of the rope we have previously passed is.
- Then insert the acorn back, making a little pressure so that it gets stuck back to the top.
That’s it! You already have your acorn necklace to wear this season, or to give to someone special.