Samsung’s physical button dedicated to its Bixby assistant has recently been updated by the company so that you can use it to replace Bixby with Google Assistant or Alexa, according to your preferences.
The process for executing this change and for it to behave this way permanently is very fast and simple, and we’ll tell you how to do it next.
Replace Bixby with Google Assistant or Alexa
Finally, after several years of waiting, Bixby is available in Spanish. However, many users have already become accustomed to using Alexa from Amazon or Google Assistant. So let’s see how to replace Bixby with Google Assistant or Alexa:
- First, make sure you have the latest update installed. Go to the Samsung Galaxy Store and see for yourself.
- Download and install the Bixby Button Assistant remapper app from Android File Host.
- Press the Bixby button on your Galaxy (once or twice, depending on your settings) to open Bixby.
- Click on the three-point symbol at the top.
- Click on Adjustments.
- Navigate to the bottom and press Bixby Key.
- Choose how to open an application in addition to Bixby: one press or two presses.
- Click on Open application in the menu that will appear on the screen
- Click on Settings identified with the toothed wheel symbol and select Bixby Button Assistant remapper (the application you installed at the beginning).
- Once you press the Bixby button (one or two clicks as you have previously chosen), this application will ask you a simple question: which wizard do you want to use by default. At that time you will be able to choose Google Assistant (or Alexa if you have this Amazon Assistant installed).
Don’t forget to click on Always and this way the Bixby button will always behave in the same way, launching Google Assistant or Alexa.