If you use the shopping site and want a little peace of mind, activate authentication in two steps.
Much more veteran than some might think, the shopping website Amazon has been in the online business since the first decade of the 90’s nothing less, almost 30 years ago already.
At first Amazon was only used to buy digital books, but from 1997 the site began to grow in diversity.
And today, the Jeff Bezos website is for many the only place where they go to make their purchases, both for the competitive prices and for the convenience of not having to leave home and also receive orders at a very fast shipping speed.
But we are in an age where hacking an account is simple and unfortunately happens every day.
Amazon 2-Step Verification
An Amazon account is not just a name and email address together with a password. It is also banking information – the cards or payment systems that the user has established – and private and personal information – purchased items, content viewed on Prime Video, the physical home address.
Therefore, hacking into your Amazon account is having access to a large amount of your very personal data.
That’s why we’re going to tell you how you can activate Amazon Two-Step Verification, a feature that provides additional security for your account by asking you to enter a security code in addition to your password on computers and devices that you haven’t designated as trusted devices.
Activate Verification in two steps:
- Click My Account and select Access and Security Settings.
- Edit in the Advanced Security Settings section.
- Click Activate to set up two-step Verification.
- Add your phone number (it must be a phone that can receive SMS messages) and click Send code. You can also download a verification app such as Google Authenticator.
- Enter the code that has been sent to your phone or generated in the verification app and click Verify code and continue.
- Choose one of these options: Add a secondary number and select the method in which you want to receive the code (SMS message or phone call). Or download and configure the verification app. This will allow you to generate security codes if you cannot receive SMS messages on your device.
- Read the instructions for using Two-Step Verification and click Activate Two-Step Verification. One thing to keep in mind is that it is not possible to activate Verification in two steps without adding a secondary phone number. This way you will always have a second option to receive the security code if you cannot use your primary mobile device.