For a different salad the combination of apples and watercress allows you to add a touch of vitamins and unique flavor, in a different way to prepare.
- 2 red apples.
- 2 green apples.
- 2 yellow apples.
- 1/4 of lemon juice.
- 3 bunches of watercress washed and disinfected.
- 1 onion slice (optional).
- 1 lettuce washed and disinfected for the vinaigrette.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- 2 spoonfuls of lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon of tarragon
- salt and pepper to add taste.
Method of Preparation:
- Wash the apples, peel, and cut into wedges.
- Place the apples in a container and wash them with lemon juice so they do not turn black; set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette: use a bowl to combine all the ingredients, mix until they are completely combined.
- Drain the apples and combine them with the watercress, the onion, and the lettuce.
- Distribute between the plates to serve and cover with the vinaigrette.
If you cannot get one type of apple to replace it with that which you have available, even when you do not have the variety which you desire, you will surely love this combination with watercress.
Although it will not be the same flavor if you cannot get tarragon try to include marjoram.
Information of value:
By placing the apples with lime you manage to retain their nutrients until arriving in your stomach, in addition to including a little vitamin C that will allow you to better absorb the vitamins that it has.
Watercress has a high fibre content and its high level of potassium reduces blood pressure, besides being a diuretic and cleanser so will help cleanse the body by removing excess fluid from your body