Back up to an iPhone
With only iTunes or iCloud we can make a backup on an iPhone easily
Backing up is critical to keeping all of our data safe, and even though iPhone phones are already quite safe, it’s always good to know how to back up an iPhone in case you need to restore the system or just want to save the stored data.
So let’s see what steps we have to take.
iOs, Apple’s mobile operating system is very stable and secure and rarely has problems, but in case of terminal malfunction, only restoration with an earlier backup can recover your digital life contained in the failed Apple device. Let’s see how it’s done.
Steps to backing up to an iPhone
On the other hand, we can also make the copy through iCloud and if this function has been activated, the backups in iCloud will be made every time you connect the device to the current one. The data transfer will be done through an internet connection via WiFi.
In the following paragraphs, we’ll learn how to back up through iTunes and how to back up through iCloud.
Back up your iPhone with iTunes
iTunes is Apple’s audio and video content management software. With iTunes, it’s now possible to do it all, if at first we used it to listen to music and manage the library, now you can buy and watch movies, albums or audiobooks.
- An important feature of iTunes is the management of connected Apple devices. With iTunes we are going to make a backup of our iPhone and for that you have to start connecting your iPhone to your Mac using the USB cable.
- Open iTunes, and once iTunes is open, select your iPhone from the ‘DEVICES’ list.
- Once you’ve selected the device, you’ll find the iTunes backup area for our device. Now let’s select. “This computer” and click on the option: “Backup now”.
- With this procedure, we have seen how to make a backup with the iTunes software. The program will keep a copy of all our information contained in the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Each time you connect the device to your computer you will need to complete the backup procedure. Back up when you think it’s important to keep your data safe.
Back up to iPhone with iCloud
- Connect your iPhonie to the power cord and make sure you’re connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now go to: Configuration, iCloud, “Backup”.
Activate the selection: “icloud backup” and run the backup by pressing: “Back up now”.