Bad smell from the toilet
One of the most unpleasant and embarrassing situations that can occur in a bathroom is just to find a bad smell coming from the toilet or toilet that causes some disgust or disgust and the idea of being in the presence of a neglected and dirty bathroom.
Now, the problem of the bad smell in the toilet can be caused by one or several factors that generate these unpleasant and foul smells that make -from going to the bathroom.
An extremely disgusting experience and that is why, having this problem is important to analyze What really causes the bad smell? and what kind of smell is it?
In order to discard possible causes, detect the problem and try to solve it in the best possible way and that is why, from this article where some of the most probable causes of the bad smell in the WC are attached and also, some solutions to solve this nauseating inconvenience, I hope it will serve you.
Causes and solutions of bad smell in the WC
Next, I leave the main problems that can originate the bad smell in the bath and also, some solutions or advices that can be used to give a reasonable solution to the problem.
- Bad installation of the toilet: one of the possible causes that can originate this bad smell in the bathroom is precisely, that this sanitary device is badly installed and because of this, causes these leaks of odors.
That is to say, in other words that some pipe of the WC is badly sealed, some piece is missing or does not have the correct piece, among other reasons and thus, the bath expels a smell of sewer or sewer that comes from the pipe of the downspout and that filters in the bath and then, the question that must be asked is where this smell filters? and it will have to be checked if the installation is the correct one supervised with some technician or certified specialist.
Description: in this interesting video you can see this type of problem where there is a bad installation of a toilet and as a small element can make the difference between perceiving or not, the bad odors.
- Problems with the siphon: concatenated or not, to the previous point the siphon of the WC fulfills a great task that thanks to its design allows water to accumulate in its interior covering it in this way, with water this section of the duct (it is called this: hydraulic lock) and with it, it allows blocking and not filtering the gases or smells coming from the downspout in the bathroom.
However, most toilets use an individual siphon, and in other cases, a siphon boat has been used to drain all the bathroom fixtures. Having said that, the causes of the bad smell in the toilet due to siphon problems would be the following:
Desiphonage: is the problem of the siphon being left with little or no water, thus allowing odors and certain gases to find their way up and filter throughout the bathroom.
Well, on the one hand there is the evaporation deflation and that can be originated by the scarce use of that WC and accompanied or not, by the high temperatures that make the water evaporate or diminish in the siphon and thus, can not block with property this part of the duct and it is finally perceived, the foul smell to sewer or sewer in the bath but this, has an easy solution simply you must use the bath and try that there is water in the interior of the cup.
On the other hand, there is the desiphonage due to the lack of ventilation of the downpipe that generates an overpressure in the siphon and thus manages to pass through the water plug of the duct and reaches the cup with real air bubbles made up of bad smells and gases that generate this embarrassing problem and that is mainly caused by a deficient ventilation of the downpipe and the solution could be to increase the height of the siphonage or improve the ventilation of the downpipe or another option that must be evaluated by a certified technician or specialist.
Another problem that causes the odor to leak can be just some breakage or filtration in the siphon that allows the water to escape from this part and so, the odors appear in the bathroom and by the way, that water that filters from the siphon emerges on the floor (around this sanitary device) and to see, if this is the problem you should uninstall the toilet and inspect.
- Adequate cleaning routine: another factor of course, which must be considered when there is a bad smell in the toilet is necessarily, if that toilet or toilet is having an adequate cleanliness and that can be perceived by means of smell and define whether the smell is sewage or biological waste and also can be evaluated with a visual inspection throughout the interior of the toilet (bottom and part where the water is discharged) and if there is scale inside the toilet that is characterized by yellow and brown stains must be removed and to do this, it will be enough to throw around 3 cups of white vinegar to the interior of the WC trying to soak all the internal surface included, the places or concavities where the water is discharged in the cup and then, it will have to be left to rest all night to finally, to remove with the brush and to use a cleaner, disinfectant and a deodorized for the toilet.
Note N°1 | white vinegar is ideal for descaling tartar. Vinegar acids change the pH and soften the tartar.
- Eliminate the smell by cleaning the pipes: related to the previous point, the drainage pipes and the siphon are exposed to gradually decant and incrust residues inside, thus forming a true layer of scale with all kinds of bacteria that cause bad smells and that is why every so often a deeper cleaning must be done to prevent in part, the formation of these residues and to do this, you can use about 200 ml of white vinegar in warm or warm water plus 100 gr. of sodium bicarbonate that was thrown into the toilet, let it rest for a while and then pull the chain so that the solution passes through the pipes and can go softening the lime or dirt inside the pipes and also, you can use hot water and soap repeating the action a few times and thus, clean as far as possible, the bathroom pipes.
- Ventilation of the WC: a bath necessarily must have a ventilation and these can be natural for example, with windows that allow the passage or flow of air from the outside in a direct way or – in the case-, that it is a blind bath (without windows) must exist some ventilation duct that allows to connect the bath with the external air and in general, this duct is towards the cover, throwing the scent to the 4 winds.
Well, the problems that can arise from this type of ventilation are mainly a bad design, a bad installation or an obstruction of the duct that generates little or no ventilation of the bathroom and thus, one perceives in the bathroom a watertight air and odors to biological residues also added to the humidity. In this type of situation, a qualified person should evaluate the situation and formulate a solution that allows good ventilation and reduces, to a great extent, the bad smell and, of course, some type of environmental deodorant can be used as a patch solution.
Bathroom Odor | Final Words
Indeed, the bad smells present in a bathroom are something unpleasant that can affect or hinder our day to day and generating more of some irritation or discomfort.
That is why, necessarily to solve this type of problem you must resort to a trained or competent professional to avoid certain solutions of patches or trapicheos that will not solve the problem when it is something more than a periodic cleaning since this way, it will persist or it will return with time. If the odour is not the result of an internal toilet cleaning or cleanliness, turn to someone with the right skills and certification to get rid of the root problem.