Contacts in WhatsApp
Changing the name of WhatsApp contacts is very easy and useful to locate them before you have to contact them.
It’s probably happened to you that you want to change the name of one of your contacts in WhatsApp, either because it’s not correct or because you want to differentiate it from another similar contact, and you didn’t know how.
You may even want to change a friend’s name to a nickname, a code word, or even a reminder. The good news is you can do it, and in a very simple way.
How to change the name of contacts in WhatsApp
You should know that changing the name of a contact on WhatsApp will also change the name of our friend or family member that we store in our mobile phonebook.
WhatsApp displays the same name we have in our phone book so when we change the name of a contact in WhatsApp, we will also change the name of the contact in the phone application and in the other messaging applications that are linked.
To change the name of your contacts in WhatsApp the first thing you have to do is:
- Open the window of the contact you want to change.
- Access the conversation options by clicking on the three points in the upper right corner.
- A drop-down menu will open and you will have to click on “View contact”, there will open the file of the person you want to edit.
- You will have to click on the three points that are in the superior right part of the image of your friend or relative and mark the option “Edit”. When you do this, the edit window of the contact you access from the phone book will open.
- Change the name of your contact, choosing one that differs from anyone you already have scheduled and click on the “Save” icon in the upper right corner.
In a few seconds you will see that you can now recognize your friend or family member with the new name you just gave them.
If you can’t see the data you’ve just edited and saved, select the “Update” option and the changes will be applied immediately.
Occasionally, a contact’s new name may not show up in your mobile phonebook or WhatsApp contacts, and this may be due to application synchronizations.
If that happens to you, you will have to access your contacts and click on the option that says “Synchronize application data”. If enabled, deactivate it, change the contact’s name and check if it was edited correctly in your address book and in your contacts in WhatsApp.