Defrost Frozen Car Doors and Locks
Can’t you open the car door because the lock is frozen?
Learn some useful tricks to defrost the lock blocked by ice.
- The hair dryer is effective for defrosting ice thanks to its warm air. You’ll see that in a few minutes you’ll be able to open the car door quickly.
- If you have a lighter, heat the key so you can open the lock. Of course, you will need a lot of patience, because you will need this procedure several times. Do not put the cigarette lighter flame directly on the key!
- In some supermarkets and service stations, they sell aerosols to defrost the locks. It’s effective and super fast.
- Another product to unlock the lock is burning alcohol. This alcohol is also used to remove ice from the windshield quickly.
Tips to prevent locks from being blocked by ice:
- Stick an insulating tape or scotch tape, adhesive tape, or other adhesive on a lock when parking the car.
- Glycerin or glycerol is a transparent liquid widely used in antifreeze fluids. To prevent the lock from locking due to very cold weather, insert the key with a little glycerin. This trick will prevent car locks from freezing!
You may be interested: