Delete sensitive files
Of all the files that we have in the computer, some have a high content in privacy, many we keep them and others we delete them, when we delete files in a computer really the file is still written in the hard disk, the only thing we do is to delete the “link” so to speak.
This way with any file retriever we can recover the deleted files, this is not a problem as long as it is our computer, but when selling our equipment, or a digital support such as a hard drive, outsiders can recover files that are personal.
Delete files confidentially in Windows
To make a clean of our disk and erase all the files that supposedly already we have erased we will use a free software, this software is HardWipe, it allows us to scan certain zones to eliminate of definitive form all type of erased files.
To begin, we will install and run the application, this application is divided into several sections from which we can do the following:
- Files: In this section we can select different folders and/or files to delete, we only have to navigate to the path and select what we want to delete and then click on the “Start” button.
- Devices: We can select external storage devices, such as Smartphone, microSD cards, etc…
- Volumes: From this section we will scan logical units, that is to say partitions that we have in the hard disk.
- Free Space: It consists of scanning the free space of the disk, but not by this the empty hard disk, if it is not really probable that there are data but the Operating System does not show them, since to erase them it is necessary to overwrite them.
- Trash: Deletes the files we have sent to the trash, so that we can empty it safely.
Pagination: Finally this section delete the pagination files and that you save a lot of sensitive data.