Dinners for pregnant women
Taking care of your diet when you are pregnant is essential for your health, as it will not only give you enough energy but will also help your baby grow and develop properly.
Hence the importance of paying attention to what you eat and choosing the most natural and healthy foods.
Among the 5 meals a day, dinner is the one that causes the most doubts as to how it should be, and now that you’re pregnant, you’ll probably want to know what the best light dinners are that you can have.
What should I eat at dinner? What shouldn’t I eat? o What kind of foods are best for having light dinners? is a common question among pregnant women, largely because what we eat at night can interfere with our rest.
Dinners should therefore be light and healthy, in order to avoid the risk of excessive weight gain during our state. Remember that it is not about eating for two, but about taking care of yourself for two and trying to have a happy and healthy pregnancy.
What should dinner be like during pregnancy?
Ideally, dinner should be lighter and more balanced than the rest of the meals so that you can ensure a night’s rest. What happens is that during the night the process of digestion is slower, for that reason everything we take at dinner can interfere with our rest.
It is best to opt for soft and soft foods and avoid those that are more fatty and spicy.
The most convenient thing is to have dinner at least 2 hours before going to sleep, since this way our stomach will have more time to do the digestion, and that sensation of lightness will help us to sleep much better. In this sense, the recommended time for dinner is between 6 and 8 pm.
Light dinners can nourish you and your baby
Which foods are more suitable for light dinners?
Before choosing the most recommended foods for dinner, a trick that never fails is to take into account what you ate throughout the day, this will help you organize the supply of nutrients you need and assess the possible deficiencies in your diet. So that you can prepare a healthy, varied and balanced dinner, here is a list of recommendations for dinner.
- Fresh and natural foods: They are the healthiest and lightest, including vegetables that bring many benefits to your body. A good example is green beans, chard or spinach.
- Carbohydrates are those found in potatoes, rice or pasta (the latter, it is better that they are wholemeal).
- Proteins for the evening: At dinner time it is better to opt for fish rather than meat. Eggs are also a good choice, because they are very nutritious and rich in vitamins, whether you prepare them in French omelette, under water or cooked they are very suitable at night.
- Regarding fats: The best thing to do is to avoid them, especially during dinner, but you can opt for olive oil, as it is an exceptional source of good fats and is the most recommended for both cooking and dressing dishes.
- Before bed: Have a glass of hot milk. In addition, during pregnancy it is advisable to drink one litre of milk or a similar amount of dairy products every day.
Choosing the right recipes for light dinners avoids problems such as heaviness and stomach acidity.
At dinner we must bet on menus that provide us with basic nutrients and that our body can absorb without problems while we go to sleep. Dinners during pregnancy should be healthier and lighter, but don’t worry, because that doesn’t mean they can’t be rich and complete.
The most important thing when preparing your dinners is that they have high levels of folic acid, vitamins, iron, omega 3 and calcium. But if you have a hard time identifying what foods you can find them in, here are some recipes to prepare a light and healthy menu for dinner.
First course for a pregnant woman’s dinner
As a starter for dinner you can choose from several nutrient-rich and light options for you: fish soup, pumpkin cream with cheese, asparagus cream, zucchini cream, pea cream, mushroom cream, beet salad, cesar salad, stuffed tomatoes, chicken, apple and carrot salad, low-fat cheese, tuna salad and yogurt sauce.
Second course for a pregnant woman’s dinner
As a second option you can also try to prepare these delicious and light dishes: Aubergine meatballs, sweet potato hamburger with avocado, turkey breast with plums, grilled sole with a touch of lemon, scrambled spinach with prawns, French omelette with turkey and cheese, peas with ham and egg, roasted chicken, zucchini spaghetti with spinach and parmesan cheese.
Healthy Desserts for Dinner
In addition to preparing the delicious dishes that we have just presented, you can also allow certain sweet flavors on your palate, so we encourage you to prepare these desserts based on fruit and dairy that are ideal for providing nutrients such as vitamins and calcium to your diet, which are very necessary for pregnancy.
You can indulge yourself with fruit skewers, baked apple, yogurt with berries, strawberry mousse, fresh cheese with strawberries, strawberry and kiwi carpaccio, chocolate bonbons with strawberry, fruit salad, among other desserts.
To give you an example of how delicious a light dinner for pregnant women can be, we bring you the recipes of a very simple menu that you can prepare in just a few minutes.
First Course: Chicken Caesar Salad
The Caesar salad is characterized for being a very light and healthy recipe, it is perfect as a starter for any occasion, since it is low in calories and very simple to prepare. Ideal for a pregnant woman’s dinner.
Light dinners can be achieved by eating a cesar salad.
- ½ lettuce
- 250 gr. of chicken
- 50 gr. of bread croutons
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 ml. of olive oil
- 4 salted anchovy fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon mustard
How do you prepare it?
- To begin with, you must prepare the sauce that is the most important touch of this salad. To do this, we must place the egg yolks, two teaspoons of lemon juice, a clove of garlic, oil, mustard and anchovies in the container of the mixer. Next, start beating all the ingredients, keeping the mixer at the bottom of the glass until the sauce has the creamy texture of a mayonnaise, and then move it a little up and down, so that it is well emulsified. Rest the sauce for a few minutes to continue.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cut the chicken into small pieces and fry for a few minutes until golden brown. Then it proceeds to remove and drain.
- In the same frying pan add a little more oil and fry the bread croutons so that they are well toasted. Then drain them on a plate with kitchen paper.
- Finally, wash the lettuce, chop it, drain it and put it in a water fountain. Put the bread and chicken in it and cover it with the sauce. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese to your liking, and you’re done!
Second course: French omelette with turkey pieces
The French omelette is a very simple dish to make and provides proteins that are very important for your diet at this time of your pregnancy.
The egg is an excellent source of protein for dinner.
- 1 or 2 eggs
- Turkey chunks,
- Extra virgin olive oil.
How do you prepare it?
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and then add the turkey.
- Add a little salt
- Heat the frying pan with a little olive oil and add the tortilla mixture, wait a few minutes for it to cook and turn over with the help of a plate. Leave a couple more minutes and serve the tortilla with a carrot salad or a few slices of tomato. Let’s eat!
Dessert: Strawberry mousse
Strawberry mousse is the homemade dessert par excellence. Not only for the rich and tasty sensation it leaves on the palate, but also for how easy and fast you can prepare it. Follow this easy strawberry mousse recipe, so you can enjoy all its benefits as an antioxidant fruit.
- ½ quilo of strawberries
- 250 gr. of whipping cream
- 3 or 4 eggs
- For the syrup: 1 heaping tablespoon of sugar, half a glass of water and three sliced strawberries.
How do you prepare it?
1- Wash and dry the strawberries and then cut them into small pieces. Beat in a blender until you get a liquid texture.
2- Whip the cream in a container with the mixer.
3- Pour the mixture of the strawberries into the cream that had already been whipped.
4- In another bowl, place the egg whites in a snowy place.
5- Mix very slowly all the mixture of whipped cream and the strawberry milkshake to whites until stiff. Then he moves everything very delicately.
6- With the help of a shell, pour the mousse into individual cups.
7- To decorate the cups with the mousse, we recommend that you prepare a syrup based on strawberries. To do this, you only have to take to the fire in a hole: 3 strawberries in slices, half a glass of water and a spoonful of sugar. Stir and wait for it to boil. When you notice that the mixture bubbles, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
8- Place the syrup on top of the mousse and take the cups to the fridge for at least 3 or 4 hours before serving. Enjoy!
It’s simple! Organize a complete and balanced light dinner menu that respects the doctor’s recommendations.
No one better than your specialist to tell you the precautions you should take with food.
You may be interested:
- Home Remedies for Migraines
- Symptoms of Pregnancy: The definitive guide organized quarterly
- Pregnancy at menopause