These types of salads usually are very quick to accompany any meal, besides the nutrient value that it brings to food usually are very tall. Vegetables are sources of vitamins and antioxidants, elements that fight against cell damage.
Salads are a fundamental component of any balanced and healthy diet. That is why we tell you the benefits so that you can drink a toast to your health.
Vegetables provide water and fibre, which is fundamental for good gastrointestinal function and by being a good source of vitamins they strengthen the immune system.
Salads can become a vehicle for the transmission of diseases if the ingredients are not disinfected. A tip: Pour a spoonful of disinfectants in a liter of water and submerge, for 10 minutes, the vegetables, do not leave them a long time forgotten.
Ingredients necessary for the preparation
- 2 heads romaine lettuce (fresh).
- 1 fresh Italian lettuce.
- 3 large carrots grated.
- 1/4 of red cabbage, sliced.
- 1 large red apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk.
- 50 g walnuts, chopped.
- 50 g almonds.
- 200 g fried bacon, chopped.
To make the dressing, the following is required
- 1 cup olive oil.
- 1/4 cup water.
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon mustard.
- Salt and pepper.
Mode of preparation
- Wash and disinfect the vegetables, especially if bought fresh, since they may have some bugs and dirt from the fields.
- Chop the romaine lettuce and put it into the bottom of a salad bowl, add the Italian lettuce, also chopped, on top, then the finely sliced red cabbage, next to the grated carrot and chopped celery, and finally, the apple, sprinkle with the fried bacon, walnuts, and almonds.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients and then pour over the salad.
This may interest you