The bad smell of feet has been the cause of many embarrassing situations in many people, this problem is very common and there is no need for the person to be an athlete to suffer it.
The aroma produced by the feet is detected almost immediately, that’s when you should take action and choose a good weapon to combat odor, home remedies are recommended for their natural origin that benefits the body in general at the time of application.
To stop suffering from this discomfort, it is time to take note with the following list of natural treatments in addition to prevention and causes to prevent the formation of odor.
What’s a bad foot odor?
It is a type of odor characterized by originating in the area of the feet, is produced by a reaction of sweat glands that increase moisture in the skin causing bacteria to proliferate. When these agents related to poor hygiene come into contact with the air, a foul and unpleasant odor is generated.
Bad foot odor mainly affects teenagers due to the process of puberty and body development, increasing the production of sweat.
Types of bad foot odor
Odor caused by bromhidrosis or hyperhidrosis: This type of odor is caused by sweat glands.
Smell caused by external factors: Some agents such as bacteria and fungi produce this bad smell.
Causes of bad foot odor
- Athlete’s foot.
- Hormonal disorders.
- Poor hygiene.
- excessive sweating
- Type of footwear and socks.
- Long walks.
Prevention of foot odor
It is important to choose the right footwear to wear as well as socks, in the case of footwear it is advisable to avoid synthetic material or plastic because they retain sweat. This material is also present in socks.
Hygiene should also not be forgotten, during the bath should be used soap and plenty of water to kill bacteria and prevent the formation of fungi with drying.
Finally, a very peculiar but vitally important recommendation is to maintain a state of tranquillity and avoid stress and tension. This is because one of the most frequent causes of sweating that produces the bad smell is the state of nerves.
Home Remedies to Eliminate Bad Foot Odor
- The apple vinegar opens this list because of its high popularity in health food stores that recommend it to eliminate the bad smell of feet, this liquid not only regulates the level of PH of the skin, also eliminates all the bacteria that cause the bad smell.
To apply, mix five tablespoons of apple vinegar in a bowl of hot water, then immerse your feet in the result of the mixture for ten minutes. Finally, it is recommended to wash your feet thoroughly with warm water and dry to ensure that there are no residues.
- Sodium bicarbonate can be used in several ways due to its varied uses for cleaning, food ingredients and home remedies such as this.
To apply two small spoonfuls of baking soda should be placed between the soles of the shoes, it is advisable to apply this remedy during the night so that the humidity better absorbs the baking soda.
Another way to apply is with a lukewarm bath to mix with two tablespoons of baking soda, soak your feet for fifteen minutes.
- Sage is a plant with excellent medicinal properties that combat excessive sweating suffered by some people, also eliminates bacteria in the area where it is applied.
To apply, several leaves of sage must be placed inside the footwear to eliminate the bad smells concentrated in the soles. Alternatively, the feet can be soaked in an infusion of sage with warm water for fifteen minutes.
- Ginger is another natural treatment that quickly eliminates foot odor due to the powerful effects of its root. To apply, grate the ginger root, then mix the rind in a bowl with water and let it rest for fifteen minutes.
Finally, massages are applied with the result every night before going to sleep until the bad smell disappears.
- Black tea is well known for its good results against any body odor, including feet, so it is highly recommended this drink.
To apply, mix four sachets of black tea in a container with one liter of boiling water, then cool the result and submerge the feet for twenty minutes. Finally, wash with lukewarm water and dry the area.
- Kosher salt is a type of salt that in comparison with traditional salt is purer and is characterized by having coarser grains, it is ideal to eliminate the bad smell of feet as if it were a talc.
To apply, mix several grains of Kosher salt in a container of lukewarm water, then submerge your feet for fifteen minutes.
- Zinc is a chemical element present in various foods and is effective in reducing or completely eliminating bad foot odor.
To apply just follow a diet rich in zinc containing foods such as chocolate and other cocoa derivatives, pumpkin, sesame, spinach, cabbage, nuts, mushrooms and bananas.
- Lavender essential oil works as a bacterial cleanser on the skin as well as a commercial cream, this oil can be used even if there are blisters or any other malformation on the feet.
To apply, place a few drops of lavender essential oil on your feet and massage the liquid in. It is recommended to apply during the morning and leave the remedy for the rest of the day.