Make your own homemade deodorant with this white clay and lavender recipe
Last week we told you about some of the wonderful uses of white clay or kaolin. This week we invite you to try one of its most amazing applications in home cosmetics.
White clay is a great base for preparing a deodorant thanks to its antiseptic properties and its great absorption power. Applied as a powder, it reduces sweat and eliminates unpleasant odours.
You can follow this recipe to prepare a homemade white clay and lavender deodorant and see first hand the incredible benefits of kaolin.
White Clay and Lavender Home Deodorant
With these ingredients we will obtain 50ml of deodorant
- A teaspoon of almond oil
- Kaolin clay
- 45 ml of lavender hydrolate
- 15 ml rosemary or calendula extract
- 8 ml vegetable glycerin
- 1 gr. of alum stone powder
- 20 drops of essential oil of sage, rosemary or ylang ylang
- We’ll need two containers. In the first one, a glass bowl, we put the hydrolates, the alum powder and the glycerin; to these we add the kaolin until it forms a mass of semi-liquid consistency.
- Meanwhile, in the other we mix the essential oils, the almond oil and the extract that we have chosen.
- Then we incorporate it to the first one, we remove everything and we pack preferably in a roll-on.