These tips could save your children’s lives.
With such a changing climate we have rain, cold and various waves of heat, the latter makes that much of the country has high temperatures, which causes the use of air conditioning is inevitable in our homes, offices and in the car.
Referring to the latter, it is important to keep the car cool during our journeys or when parked so as not to suffer the after-effects of heat such as sunshine.
A deadly situation
At least in the United States since 1998 to date, 719 infants have died from heatstroke after being abandoned or trapped in a vehicle with high interior temperatures.
Although it seems that this cannot happen to any of us, the truth is that no one is exempt from making the mistake of leaving a small one forgotten in the car.
In order to prevent this type of dangerous situation from happening, especially in heat waves, it is important to follow these tips:
- Check before activating the locks. Get into the routine of always checking the rear seats of your vehicle before locking it and walking.
- A reminder. Carry a stuffed animal or other toy of your child and carry it in the passenger seat as a visual reminder when your child is in the back seat. Another good idea is to place your phone or purse in the back seat when traveling with your child.
- A routine checkup. If someone else is driving, always check to make sure your child has arrived safely.
- Keep the keys. It is important to keep the keys out of the reach of children. According to reports, 3 out of 10 heatstroke deaths occur when a child has access to a vehicle.
Any time of the year
One thing to keep in mind is that many times the suffocation inside a car has nothing to do with the outside temperature, that is, it does not necessarily have to be hot for a child to die locked up in a vehicle.
For example, on a cool day when the thermometer reads 13 degrees Celsius, the temperature inside a vehicle can reach 43 degrees. So if a child’s body temperature reaches 41 degrees, he’ll die.
If you live in an area of the country where winters are not so extreme, it is a fact that sunshine can happen at any time of year.
You may be interested:
- What is the source of anxiety?
- How to Relieve Back Pain – Tips and Tricks
- How to control anxiety and panic attacks ?