Clean Mold from the Bathroom
One of the rooms in the house in which it is easy to accumulate moisture is the bathroom, causing the appearance of mold.
It is important that we act quickly on any mould stain and try to clean it to avoid major problems. That’s why we’re going to offer you a series of steps to clean the mold in the bathroom easily and effectively.
No one likes to discover that they have a mould stain on the bathroom, but apart from being unsightly stains, they can be a real danger both to our health and to the bathroom itself.
Moisture stains that are not treated in time often end up becoming mold stains, but this also often appears on faucets, bath joints or tiles, so we have to be careful as they are a focus of bacteria and fungi.
On the other hand, a mold stain located in a point of the bathroom such as the wall or ceiling can end up affecting the structure because the moisture it contains can rot the area in which it is located.
Therefore, it is important that we know how to locate the mold stains that accumulate in the bathroom and above all, remedy how we explain now.
Before we take the steps, we need to talk about products to clean up the mold in the bathroom. Among the most effective we could mention:
- copper sulphate, which is very effective on taps, joints and tiles and that we can apply with a brush;
- chlorine-based bleaching agents (applied in several layers) that can be applied to walls and ceilings.
- bleach solution directly;
Steps to clean the mold from the bathroom:
In order to be able to clean the mould from the bath we must proceed as follows:
- Locate the mould stain and apply some of the products we have listed.
- You have to let the product work for a while. Between 20 minutes and half an hour.
- With the help of a brush or brush spread the product and see removing the stain (you may have to repeat the operation several times).
- Rinse with water and dry the area you have just cleaned with a clean cloth.
Home Remedies to Clean Mold from the Bathroom
In addition, we have to add some effective home remedies that will allow us to save some money on cleaning products.
A universal agent to clean any mold contamination is sodium bicarbonate. The effectiveness of this product is proven so follow these steps:
- To get rid of the mold with baking soda you just need to dilute it in water so that it acquires a state of mass and apply on the infected area.
- After a while, wash with warm water and a sponge.
You can also mix water and baking soda and apply directly with the help of a spray bottle each week to clean the bathroom and thus prevent mold buildup.
- If you also add a little vinegar to the first solution of baking soda and water, you will see how it begins to “boil”.
- Let it act for a few minutes and then wash with hot water and soap,
- Clean the surface with a clean cloth and let it dry completely.
Sodium tetraborate, or more routinely known as borax is an effective remedy, an antiseptic, which serves to eliminate various contaminants.
- White borax powder should be dissolved in water, about one cup per liter.
- Apply to the infected area, leave for a while and then rinse with water.
- Finally, you will have to dry with a clean cloth.
Finally, it should be added that so that mould does not occur, it is better to ensure that the bathroom is always ventilated and above all to dry those areas where we see that more humidity has accumulated.