How to concentrate
Can’t you concentrate on work or home when you’re doing chores? We bring you some easy tips for your concentration.
It is normal that with all the hustle and bustle of media access, co-workers, friends and the routine of the gym every day, we are distracted by anything that crosses us especially if you suffer from “attention deficit” or hyperactivity, causing you to lose the thread to conversations with the boss or a friend.
Tips for concentrating at home and work
- Make some guidelines, organize a plan and set clear objectives for what you want to achieve.
- Take a break, certified research has shown that one of the best ways to get a good concentration is to rest between activities.
- Relax a little, clear your mind before doing an activity at work or at home.
- Sleep the necessary hours, because if the brain looks tired it will not perform enough for the required concentration.
- Making a plan is the best option, since if we sit down to do some activity without a plan it will be easier for us to distract ourselves with social networks, websites and even the television if we are at home.
- Meditate, this improves our ability to concentrate.
- Establish clear objectives, as mentioned above, having objectives is a good way to concentrate as this is where the list of priorities will be focused.
- Be concrete with your activities, review your list each morning and realistically decide what tasks can be accomplished that day.
- Work in 60 to 90 minute blocks, set a timer and take a rest at the end of each cycle; this might help.
- Change your focus and try listening to some music for a few minutes, take a short walk or prepare lunch.
- “Turn off the planet”, everything around us is a distraction, from the email to the phone at home or office, and even the same coworkers, so it is recommended to turn off for a while everything that is not of utmost importance and stay in a room / office where it is quiet and quiet.
- Clean up your workspace, visual clutter can affect concentration, clean up your desk before you sit down to work and tidy everything up so that it’s in one easy access in case you need it.
- Divide the tasks and projects, although it is difficult, you must take into account your objective and organize a work plan distributing the tasks little by little until you finish what is proposed.