How to germinate seeds quickly?
Germinate the seeds
- spice seeds: caraway, coriander, cumin, fennel, fenugreek, parsley
- Cereal seeds: amaranth, oats, wheat, spelt, kamut, corn, millet, barley, quinoa, rice, buckwheat, rye.
- seeds of vegetables and legumes: alfalfa, azuki, beet, broccoli, carrot, celery
cabbage (Chinese, red, green), spinach, lentils, turnip, pea, chickpea, radish (pink, black), leek, garlic, onion, watercress
- oil seeds: almond, sunflower.
Photo katerinavulcova in Pixabay
The 5 steps to germinate them yourself at home
Step 1: Soak the seeds
Soak 1 to 2 tablespoons of sprouted seeds in water overnight, for 4 to 5 days, for individual consumption. The sweetest are those of the alfalfa, the hottest are those of the leek and the radish, those of the wheat and the oats have a very soft flavor.
Step 2: Drain the seeds
The next morning, drain the seeds well in a sieve.
Step 3: Germination of the seeds
Place the seeds in a germoir. Alternatively, in a glass jar or in the steamer basket. Separate them well so that they are well ventilated. You can cover them with gauze during the first days.
Step 4: Daily seed rinse
Depending on the seeds, allow 2 to 15 days for the germ to emerge. To make them germinate, rinse them morning and evening with water at room temperature. Then expose them in a brightly lit room away from direct sunlight.
Step 5: Consumption and conservation of the germinated seeds
Rinse and dry the sprouted seeds before eating them. And if you want to keep them for several days (5 maximum, beyond which they lose their nutritional qualities), keep them in an airtight jar.
Some precautions before consuming the sprouted seeds
- Some seeds are not edible: tomato, eggplant, bell pepper, potato and rhubarb seeds should not be allowed to germinate.
- There is always a bacteriological risk with germinated seeds. Therefore, as a precaution, it is best not to give them to children under two years of age.
- Very rich in fiber, it is better not to eat sprouted seeds in the days following gastroenteritis.
You can also get digital manuals about home repairs and cleaning at Amazon, WalMart, Costco, Sams Club, Chedraui, Carrefour, aliexpress, alibaba , MercadoLibre , Lidl, Aldi shein or ebay. Each of these manuals can be found in great online offers.
In large seasons they offer large discounts on household cleaning items, as well as tools for home repairs.