Lower Cholesterol Naturally
Having high cholesterol is detrimental to health, but it is an indispensable substance to be able to create the plasma membrane that regulates the entry and exit of substances in the cell.
The causes of cholesterol can be several, mainly eat a lot of industrial pastries, cook little steamed and baked, consume many processed or do not consume enough vegetables, among others.
Want to know how to lower cholesterol naturally? Read on and discover a few remedies to do so.
Remedies to lower cholesterol naturally
- Artichoke: is one of the best foods to lower cholesterol as it facilitates elimination through bile and slows its formation in the liver. Prepare a decoction with a level spoonful of artichoke leaves, add a little honey and lemon juice. Take this infusion one to three times a day.
- Green tea: thanks to its antioxidant effect can reduce the oxidation of cholesterol, and is also diuretic, helps fight obesity and protects the arteries. Drink 1-3 daily infusions prepared with a tablespoon of its leaves.
- Alpiste: its seeds are very rich in fatty acids and fibers, and is a great ally to stop the absorption of fats. Prepare a soup spoonful in decoction, grind it and take it twice a day.
- Chumbera: its fiber helps to decrease the activity of lipases, which are the enzymes of fat digestion. This makes it possible to reduce the absorption of cholesterol, among other benefits. It is recommended to take doses between 300 and 900 mg a day, which you can distribute between 1-3 doses, always 20 minutes before a meal. You can find the prickly pear in liquid or dry form (tablets or capsules).
- Dandelion: is a medicinal plant that improves cholesterol by increasing the elimination of bile that contains it. Prepare a decoction with a tablespoon of its leaves and add a little honey. You can take it up to 3 times a day.
- Red rice yeast: a yeast that grows naturally in rice and is very good at lowering cholesterol. You can take between 500 and 1000 mg a day for 1-2 doses.
All these natural remedies to lower cholesterol are very effective, and very healthy.