Making your own nail polish
Our recipe for natural varnish for the home
Do you want to make your own varnish? Now we offer you a natural varnish recipe to make at home. To start this DIY, you’ll have to get together:
Photo Tobias Kozlowski in Pixabay
- Neutral varnish base, ideally 6, 7 or 8 free (in ecological stores!).
- Vegetable or mineral pigments for color For example, radish for a bright red, elderberry for a beautiful purple, iron oxide for yellow or blue… you choose, and why not mix!
- Paste dye (optional) if you want to whiten the color and have a more covering texture.
- A stainless steel bowl.
- A whip.
- A pipette and an empty glass bottle.
- Small stainless steel balls.
- 1 food scale.
How is the house varnish made?
- Pour 6g of the neutral base into a bowl.
- Add the pigments (about 0.6 g)
- Mix well with the mixer until it becomes homogeneous.
- If you want to soften its color, add the white paste dye.
- Pour the mixture into the empty bottle with the pipette. You can also form a cone with paper to make a funnel if you don’t have one.
- Slide 2 or 3 stainless steel beads. By shaking the bottle before each use, they will be used to re-mix the liquid.
- It’s ready!
The varnish recipe in “recycling” mode
Have fun with eye shadows from a palette you no longer use! Just powder them. They will replace the pigments in the instructions. Caution! On contact with the neutral base, the colors may change from the “blush” version. So we make some tests in advance. These varnishes several months.
To wit: You can store these varnishes for several months. Remember to shake the bottle well before each use.
Applying your home varnish
How to apply the DIY varnish? Like a classic varnish!
We remind you of the key steps and gestures to apply nail polish for a flawless manicure:
- Let’s clean your nails! With nail polish remover, cotton soaked in alcohol or white vinegar.
- We archive them. Avoid iron files that stress the keratin of the nail.
- A transparent base coat is applied: even here, the nail needs protection.
- A first thin layer is applied. Let it dry thoroughly (that’s the secret to making it last longer!).
- A second layer is applied. It may be more essential than with a classic varnish because the colors are less “intense”. It is still allowed to dry well.
- A top coat is applied to make the varnish last and get an even brighter result!
- Let’s moisturize your hands – they’ll stay soft and your next manicure will be even more successful!
The trick in +
To accelerate drying, leave the nails for 1 minute in the open air and then run them under a stream of very cold water or in a bowl of ice water. The hardening effect takes 2 or 3 minutes.
Other Options for Home Nail Polish :
You can also get digital manuals about home repairs and cleaning at Amazon, WalMart, Costco, Sams Club, Chedraui, Carrefour, aliexpress, alibaba , MercadoLibre , Lidl, Aldi shein or ebay. Each of these manuals can be found in great online offers.
In large seasons they offer large discounts on household cleaning items, as well as tools for home repairs.