The kitchen hood is one of the places that gets dirtiest when preparing a meal. But it is also the one with the least attention paid to it, which makes it much more difficult to clean.
No matter how carefully you cook, the hood will always get greasy, especially on the grates. This is very difficult to clean because the dirt sticks to the extractor conductors.
If you want to leave it clean we share the step by step to remove all the dirt forever.
Steps to remove grease from the cooker hood
The first thing we have to do is fill a pot with 2 liters of water and the juice of 3 lemons. Take the pot to the fire and let it boil for 15 or 20 minutes, we must be aware that the water does not evaporate. This step will allow the grease to peel off the grates thanks to the steam that rises.
When the time passes we disconnect the extractor hood and let it cool down.
With the help of a paper towel, we begin to remove the excess fat. We will also remove all removable parts to make cleaning easier.
Then we take a cloth moistened with water and ammonia, we must be careful not to breathe this mixture, and pass it through the interior areas. You can also wet a brush to make it faster.
When we clean the filter, we need to know what material it is made of. For example, if it is made of felt it can be hand washed and left to dry outdoors, if it is made of carbon or paper we must change it and if it is made of metal we use biodegradable detergent and hot water.
Once we have cleaned all the pieces, we let them dry very well. Then we’ll assemble the parts and that’s it!
- In order to prevent it from becoming frequently filled with grease, you should wipe it with a damp cloth just after use.
- It should be cleaned at least once a month.
- If the filter is removable, it should be cleaned every 3 months, while metal filters are washed with a dishwasher.
- Carbon filters have to be changed annually
- To clean the outside of the cooker hood, use a soft cloth dampened with a dishwasher.
- We must dry the bell with a cotton cloth, a paper towel or microfiber. These will leave no marks and will not damage the surface.
- If you want to brighten the field you can use protective oils or stainless steel brightness.