If you want to reply to only one contact within a group, here’s how it’s done
In thepast, a service limited to contact – contact, when WhatsApp introduced the possibility of making groups of users within its app, it managed to have one of the most used functions of all those that the application provides.
A group is easy to do, connects many people in real time and requires no maintenance of any kind. We use them to talk to old school friends, co-workers, family, etc.
They can be great entertainment, and also the worst of nightmares in a constant sea of notifications that can drive you crazy, especially with the limit of up to 256 participants.
There are times within a WhatsApp group when you want to respond to only one person.
And the solution is not to get out of that chat window, open one with the contact itself and talk to it out there, but there are a couple of ways to do that through direct access and without having to go around so many times:
Reply to someone privately in a group without citing the message
If you want to go from the group window in which you are to talk directly to one of the members of this one, it’s that easy:
- Look for the last message that contact sent.
- Click on his name and/or phone number (the latter in case you don’t have it added as a contact)
- A window will open with three options, choose the first one, ‘Send message to‘, and you will instantly be in the chat window with that person if they are in your address book, or a conversation window will open with them if you do not have them added.
Reply to someone privately in a group quoting the message
If you want to reply privately to someone in the group regarding a message they sent in the general chat, then do the following:
- Find the message you want to reply to and keep it pressed
- From the row of icons that opens at the top, hit the three point icon vertically to display more actions.
Choose ‘Reply privately’, and you will be sent to the chat window with that person if they are in your address book, or a chat window will be opened with them if you do not have them added, with the message in question cited.
You may be interested:
- Arthur Ashe Short Biography | Facts, Education, Early Life
- How to listen to WhatsApp voice memos from the lock screen
- How to Buy Bitcoins – Shopping tips