WhatsApp tags help you organize your conversations with colored notes.
Given its popularity of use and the wide base of mobiles in the world, it is easy to open WhatsApp and see that we have dozens – or even hundreds – of chats, messages and conversations.
To lend a hand and solve a bit the user’s life when finding his favorite contacts, WhatsApp introduced in 2017 the function of setting a favorite chat and always be highlighted in first position above the rest, regardless of whether it had been days that there were no new messages in that chat.
Today the app takes the next step towards a more efficient sorting system: labels.
WhatsApp, post-it digital labels
Extending the concept of chatting with virtual thumbtacks, WhatsApp has taken the tags out of its sleeve, a function to organize your chats and messages and find them more easily.
Unlike pushpins for setting up a chat, tags also allow you to organize specific messages within your own chat window with a contact, making it easier to find the chat or message later. And that’s how they work:
Create a WhatsApp label:
- Press and hold a message or chat within the app
- In the row of icons that appears, tap Labels
- Adds an existing label or a new one.
Find a WhatsApp tag
- To search for tagged content, go to the Chats tab
- Touch the Search icon
- Write in the window the symbol # followed by the name of the label, for example #family #vacation or #RealMadrid
To find content associated with a label, go to the Chats tab > Menu Button > Labels > Touch the label.
From the Chats tab, you can tap a contact’s profile picture or a group icon to see all the tags associated with that chat.
To manage your labels, go to the Chats tab > Menu button > Labels, and from here you can edit the labels or directly delete them.
Create a broadcast list from a label
You can create mailing lists for specific contacts from your tags. For that:
- Opens the WhatsApp Business application.
- Go to Menu > Labels button.
- Select the label for which you want to create a mailing list.
- Go to Menu button > Send messages to customers.
- Tap the green confirmation button in the lower right corner of the screen to write your message. The mailing list message will be sent individually to each chat tagged with that tag.