Send WhatsApp messages
Communicating through this application is as simple as properly adding the phone number of anyone in the world and that’s it.
However, it is a little annoying that in order to send messages we must have that person on our contact list, because many times we only want to communicate with someone for a couple of messages and nothing more.
That’s why many third-party applications take care of that task: sending messages through WhatsApp without adding contacts to the address book.
The problem is that these apps may jeopardize the security and functionality of your smartphone, or are not compatible for certain operating systems.
Well, that’s fine. This time we’ll show you how to send WhatsApp messages without having to add the contact to your address book, and best of all, you don’t need to install other applications and it works for both iOS and Android operating systems.
Let’s get to work
The process at first may seem somewhat confusing for users who are not as experienced in using their smartphone. However, once the process is done for the first time, the other times it will be a piece of cake.
- Open the browser of choice on your smartphone
- Type the following link in the search bar: https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=XXXXXXXXXXXXX (instead of X type the phone number of the person you want to contact, including the country code, but without the + sign)
- That is to say, if the person lives in Spain (whose prefix is +34) it would look like this: https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=346959038XX
- Press ‘enter’ on your smartphone
- A WhatsApp window will open asking if you want to send a message to that phone number. Click on ‘send message’.
You will automatically be redirected to WhatsApp with the ‘start chat’ window of conversation with the person who entered your phone.