Homemade exfoliator step by step
Exfoliating creams are one of the best beauty remedies to treat cases such as acne, or also to remove dead cells and regenerate the skin and complexion.
In the market, we can find all kinds of exfoliants all of them with different ingredients, but to make sure we apply one that benefits us, nothing like making a homemade exfoliant like the one we explain below, step by step.
When we talk about exfoliants we are talking about a type of creamor gel that provides benefit for dry, dry and mature skin through the elimination of death cells by the surface layer of the skin, while also accelerating the stimulation of cell renewal.
Benefits of Exfoliants
The purpose of exfoliants is to “pamper” the skin, making it smoother, brighter and more elastic. For this reason, the homemade exfoliants that we can make are suitable for skins that are continually subjected to stress and pollution, as well as those that are dry and no longer very young.
Advantage of a homemade exfoliator
Let’s see how we can make a homemade scrub step by step, but we also want to list the many advantages of doing so:
- Significantly lower cost than classic uniforms.
- Minimal side effects (compared to chemical peels).
- They give the skin a luminous, soft and youthful appearance.
- The skin looks smoother and softer.
- Promote cell renewal.
- Stimulate microcirculation.
- Promote the absorption of other active ingredients and nutrients applied immediately afterwards.
- They give the skin a pleasant perception of regeneration.
Homemade preparation of a homemade scrub is a very simple procedure. In fact, it is possible to obtain a good product with the use of very few commonly used ingredients.
In this sense, coarse salt, sugar and baking soda are the basic ingredients for a homemade exfoliant. It only takes a few minutes and with it you can get incredible benefits.
Immediately after applying the homemade exfoliator, the skin looks smoother, brighter and smoother; after more applications, which must be made regularly, the skin will regenerate, moisturize and rejuvenate.
Let’s see, now, some recipes for the homemade preparation of an exfoliant:
Homemade exfoliator with salt:
The exfoliating effect of coarse salt is fostered by its mechanical rubbing on the skin.
- All you have to do is take a little coarse salt, mixed with a few tablespoons of olive oil or yoghurt and a few drops of essential oil.
- Once this mixture is applied on the body, so that you feel the grains of salt make the exfoliating effect.
- Rinse well and dry
Homemade exfoliator for skin with sugar:
Due to its delicacy, exfoliating sugar is indicated for facial exfoliation.
- In this case, you must mix sugar and olive oil, adding also a part of honey, an ingredient with emollient properties.
- Once all the ingredients are amalgamated, the mixture obtained should be massaged into the moistened face.