A homemade recipe to prepare a moisturizing and revitalizing cream based on spirulina and vitamin E.
With this recipe you will get a very complete moisturizing and revitalizing cream. Spirulina has chlorophyll, which renews tissues, and phycocyanin, a natural antioxidant.
In addition, it stimulates fibroblasts, which makes it much appreciated as an anti-wrinkle.
How to Prepare Home Moisturizing Cream
The first thing I’m going to tell you is that this cream will consist of two phases (aqueous and oily). But don’t be scared, because it’s so easy.
The aqueous phase, is the phase of water, hydrolates, and powdered ingredients, and the oily phase, is the phase of vegetable oils, essential oils and waxes.
Simply, what you have to take into account is that the aqueous phase, (water), must be added slowly over the oily phase (oils). It’s just a detail, but this way, you make sure they merge better.
What will you need?
- 1 teaspoon vegetable wax
- 30 cl almond oil
- 30 cl rose hydrolate or distilled water
- 3 capsules of spirulina seaweed
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
Vegetable wax can be rice wax, candelilla wax, or any floral wax (jasmine wax is balancing and very affordable). Any of these products can be found in an herbalist’s shop.
If you don’t get any of these waxes, you can replace it with coconut oil (coconut oil is liquid in summer and solid in winter). As I recommend keeping my creams in the fridge, it can be perfectly worthwhile.
- Two glass containers, two glass jars of low-vessel type preserves may be perfectly worth, but they must be very clean. Keep in mind that if you don’t work with scrupulous hygiene, any bacteria that may come into contact with your cream will cause it to degrade and last less.
- A wooden clamp to hold the two crystal glasses.
- And a jar to store the cream when it’s ready.
- Put the vegetable wax and almond oil in one of the glass containers and in the other water or rose hydrolate.
- Place the glass containers in a bain-marie, clamped together to prevent the contents from being poured out. It is important that you do it on a low heat, to prevent the ingredients from losing their properties. When the wax has melted, remove the containers from the water and let them rest.
- When the containers are warm, add the spirulina capsules to the water or hydrolate and stir well. Add vitamin E and lavender essential oil to wax and almond oil.
- Slowly pour the aqueous phase over the oily phase while beating with a blender. Continue beating for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the cream into the container in which you want to store it and that’s it!
You already have a wonderful seaweed cream, revitalizing, moisturizing, natural and vegan! Keep it in the fridge and try to spend it soon, so that the ingredients retain all their properties.