If you often take antibiotics for oral infections, don’t forget to combine them with specific probiotics.
Infections in the mouth can be of dental or gingival (gums) origin. Dental causes are mainly due to:
- Tooth decay. It is a disease that destroys the hard tissues of the teeth due to an infection by certain bacteria present in dental plaque. Those that reach the nerve produce an infection and consequently cause pain and inflammation.
- Breakage. From a tooth or part of a tooth, it affects the nerve and causes it to become infected. If you wear sleeves and they are well adjusted, there is no need for infection. Yes, in this case it is always necessary to insist on a perfect oral cleaning.
- Gums. They can also become infected if there is no good hygiene or periodic tartar cleaning. Bacteria penetrate under the gum and this is infected, in what is called periodontal disease, which is a chronic process of inflammatory origin that leads to outbreaks.
A good dental cleaning is key
In all cases, in addition to treating the infection at the dentist, action must be taken to ensure that it does not recur, either by cleaning the infected nerve or the affected gum with deep cleaning or curettage, or by extracting the tooth or teeth causing it.
Here are some natural solutions to increase defenses and preserve both dental and digestive health.
1. Probiotics to preserve the microbiota
Treatment with antibiotics may lead to alterations in the intestinal flora and may lead to diarrhoea or constipation. Probiotics should be taken to repopulate the flora and help with a balanced diet rich in plant fibers.
Probiotics are live microbes in foods, medicines, and dietary supplements that you can easily get. The species Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium are the most used.
2. Increase your defenses with phytotherapy
To avoid repeated infections you can increase your defenses by drinking:
- Grapefruit seed extract.
- Tincture of calendula and echinacea. You can prepare a mixture of 10 drops of marigold mother tincture with 10 drops of echinacea mother tincture and rinse 3 times a day.
3. Homeopathy in case of oral infection
Finally, there are homeopathic remedies useful in case of oral infection that can be very useful to you.
- Pyrogenium 9 CH. 3 granules are taken 3 times a day until improvement is achieved.
- Belladonna 7 CH. 3 granules, 3 times a day.
- Kalium muriaticum 7 CH. 3 granules, 3 times a day, when the cause is the gums.
You can also use it to fight pain:
- Plantago 7 CH. 3 granules, every 2 hours until the pain subsides completely.
some people may be allergic to some natural components, please consult a health specialist.