How to play Spotify music on an Alexa speaker
Do you have an Echo speaker with Alexa and want to play Spotify music? It couldn’t be easier!
Simply link your Spotify account to the Alexa application or connect your smartphone via Bluetooth and we’ll show you how to do it in this quick tutorial!
Wondering how to read des morceaux issus by Spotify on an Amazon Echo speakerphone with Alexa?
With over 83 million subscribers, Spotify is the most popular streaming platform on the market.
But Amazon, like Google, has its own streaming solution. In the case of Amazon, it is Amazon Music.
However, it’s very easy to use Spotify instead: just follow these simple steps on your smartphone.
Alternatively, we offer a method of connecting your smartphone via Bluetooth if you don’t have a Spotify Premium subscription.
How to play Spotify music with Alexa
That is why:
- Download it if you do not already have the Amazon Alexa application on your smartphone.
- In the Alexa application go to the upper left menu
- Go to Settings > Music
- Link your Spotify Premium account…
- Then go to Choose a default music service
- Choose Spotify, of course.
— In order to use Spotify with Alexa in this way you need a Spotify Premium account.
From now on, as soon as you ask Alexa to play a piece of music, it will be played from Spotify.
You can also ask him to play one of your playlists, including this week’s discoveries.
You can also stop playback, go to the next sound or turn up the volume on request.
We recommend that you read our folder of the best Alexa commands to take full advantage of voice commands for music playback.
Also, once a track is played from Spotify, you can control playback and play other tracks without a voice command from your computer or smartphone, as long as you use the same Spotify account on these devices and on your speaker.
In Spotify, at the bottom of the window, you can also click or tap Available Devices and choose your Alexa speaker to play music on it, without using voice commands.
How to use Spotify with Alexa without paying a Spotify Premium subscription
Currently there is only one method: connecting the smartphone to the speaker via Bluetooth. To do this, you need..:
- Make sure your smartphone can be discovered and paired in Bluetooth in the settings
- Tell your speaker, “Alexa, Bluetooth”.
- Your smartphone is now connected and you can choose your speaker as audio output.
- Start Spotify on your smartphone – it will play on the speaker until you disconnect it.
Have you been successful or encountered any difficulties? Share your opinion in the comments.