Pregnancy: 3 yoga exercises to prepare for childbirth
Yoga exercises to prepare for childbirth
Combining yoga and meditation during pregnancy is a good way to prepare mentally, physically and emotionally for the arrival of your baby. Here are 3 exercises tailored to live your pregnancy in full awareness with your body and child.
1. Breathing to prepare for birth
I need a yoga mat, a wall and small pillows. This breathing is suitable for all stages of my pregnancy.
- I choose the squatting position with support as seen in the twelfth week, or the posture of Baddha Konasana as seen in the twenty-eighth week, and practice breathing for the birth described in the twelfth week.
- I breathe in through my nose, then slightly separate my lips and teeth and exhale through my mouth, slowly and regularly. I close my eyes and imagine your birth, continuing to breathe.
- With my third eye, I imagine a contraction coming.
- I start practicing breathing for work: I inhale and exhale rapidly through my mouth for several breaths.
- I calmly cross the peak of the contraction with my breath. When it begins to weaken, I exhale completely through my mouth and resume breathing for delivery, breathing through my nose and exhaling through my mouth.
- I practice this breathing for several minutes and then I let my breathing return to its natural rhythm. I take three breaths for delivery, and I consciously repeat this week's affirmation: I am using my breath to give birth to you. With each breath, I gather strength, and with each exhalation I help you to come out a little more.
The rest of this article
Is motherhood a subject that affects you? Find out more about Si Mère! The Feminist Maternity Podcast, presented by FeminBio in partnership with Radio Médecine Douce and Biostime.
2. Strengthen your spine with the powerful angle exercise.
I need a yoga mat and a wall.
- I stand in the middle of the carpet, with my legs apart and my feet parallel.
- I turn my feet slightly outward, making sure my heels are well aligned.
- I bend my knees. They should be vertical to my ankles, in line with my second and third fingers.
- I bend my elbows and carry them at shoulder height. I reach for the sky with my fingers, palms pointing forward.
- I can feel my belly opening up. The happiness of carrying you inside me radiates throughout my being.
- I hold this posture for five breaths and consciously repeat this week's affirmation: I am a beautiful pregnant woman.
The rest of this article
3. Strengthening the perineum with Kegel exercise
I need a yoga mat and small pillows. I have to do these exercises every day. They are suitable for all stages of my pregnancy.
I sit against a wall, on several cushions, and put my hands on you with love. I feel the little blows you give, and a smile rises within me.
I join hands in my heart in the gesture of Anjali Mudra. I take a moment to familiarize myself with the muscles of my perineum: I imagine that I am urinating and want to stop the flow of urine.
I clench my jaws and watch the muscles in my perineum tighten; I smile and relax. I have fun for a few moments exploring the relationship between the muscles of my face and those of my perineum. I consciously repeat this week's statement: when I smile, my perineal muscles smile too.
I practice contracting and relaxing the muscles in my perineum.
I imagine that my perineum is composed of four levels and I contract my muscles on each level, tightening them a little more as they go up.
Once at the top, I pause, inhale and then release my perineum by passing it through all the levels and counting to five at each level. Once at the bottom, I exhale completely sending my breath down into my lower body. I visualize my lower body opening up, creating a passage for you to descend.
I feel my perineum completely relaxed and I smile.
Then I inhale and contract my perineal muscles, exhale, relax and release them. I repeat this exercise for five breaths. Then I quickly contract and relax my perineum thirty times. Maybe one day I will reach a hundred. That's it, I've done my Kegel exercises for today.
You can also get digital health manuals on this topic at Amazon, WalMart, Costco, Sams Club, Chedraui, Carrefour, aliexpress, alibaba , MercadoLibre , Lidl, Aldi shein or ebay. Each of these manuals can be found in great online offers.
In big seasons they offer big discounts on health supplements.