One of the most important things in our lives is food and especially in pregnancy.
Eating healthy and balanced, will help us prevent countless diseases and mainly help contribute to the welfare of your baby.
The best thing you can do during pregnancy is to eat healthy. Therefore, ideally, you should prepare an excellent menu for pregnant women.
The best thing you can do is plan your menu for pregnant women.
However, many people get confused and believe that eating healthy is simply eating vegetables.
Eating healthy is a diet according to your need and your body, you must learn to balance very well carbohydrates and calories, because you can not remove them from the diet, the baby needs to receive them, so it is best to leave them in the amounts appropriate to your body and your activity.
Pregnant women should eat plenty of vegetables and fruits, as well as cereals and appropriate amounts of meats and dairy products.
Remember that the most frequent thing is that the pregnant woman gains 1kg per month, so there are other abuses of sugars and exaggerated amounts of food.
It is important that before starting any diet plan, first consult with your specialist, as he can give you really useful advice to solve this problem, especially if you are suffering from gastritis, obesity or other diseases.
To eat better and healthier during this stage the ideal is either to consider a diet and a menu for pregnancies. This will help us organize our food, of course, the ideal is to attend a nutritionist and we make a diet plan and a menu especially for us.
Here is a small collection of menus for pregnant women with simple recipes for you to start with your own menu during your pregnancy
- The 5 meals of the day: breakfast, mid-morning, lunch, snack and dinner.
- Avoid raw or undercooked foods. (raw fish, raw seafood, raw meat and raw eggs)
- Wash the kitchen utensils and the food you are going to consume very well.
- Avoid hams, pâtés, foie-gras, etc.
- Avoid unpasteurized cheeses and milks.
- Eat at least one fruit a day.
- Always stay hydrated. A great trick is to drink juices and shakes!
- Maximum of one or two cups a day of coffee or tea or carbonated beverages such as colas. As much as possible to avoid.
Let’s see3 options of meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner for your menu for pregnant women, with their delicious recipes for you to start enjoying delicious and good food.
Option 1: Fruit crepes
This is a delicious recipe for both pregnant women and children. We all love crepes!
- 150 gr. of flour
- 3 eggs
- 225 ml. of milk
- 75 gr. butter or margarine
- 50 gr. of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 100 ml. orange juice
- Whipped cream
To prepare a fruit crepe:
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over low heat, stir to dissolve without burning.
- Pour it into a bowl and let it temper.
- Beat eggs in a separate large bowl.
- Sift the flour, add salt and sugar, mixing everything over the eggs until a dough is obtained.
- Add butter at room temperature and beat until blended.
- Cover with paper film and let it rest for an hour in the fridge.
- Put a little oil in a small pan or the diameter you prefer the crepes.
- When it’s hot, dough until it covers the bottom.
- Let it brown on both sides.
- Apart, wash and peel the fruit, cut into slices and look for orange juice.
- Add fruit slices on top of the previous tortilla, sprinkle with a little orange juice, close the crepe and decorate to your liking with whipped cream before serving.
Option 2: Yogurt with red fruits
- Sweet yogurt
- Red fruits of the season
This is perhaps the easiest option, you just have to
- Place the yogurt in a convenient container for eating,
- Cut the fruit into small pieces.
- Then add the fruits to the yogurt and you’re done.
Option 3: Mushroom Omelette
- 2 eggs
- 10 g mushrooms
- 5 g onion, cut into strips
- Olive oil
- Place the mushrooms and onion in a frying pan with a splash of oil.
- Let them cook by releasing their own water, salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs apart and season with salt and pepper,
- When the mushrooms and onions are cooked, add them to the preparation made in the frying pan.
- Cover over low heat and let it sponge.
- When it’s browned, turn to brown on the other side.
Ready, you can eat it alone, or with crackers.
Option 1: Chicken curry rice.
This is a delicious Hindu food ideal for pregnant women
- 350 gr. of rice
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 100 ml. vegetable stock
- ½ onion
- 2 carrots
- 200 gr. of mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry
- Place abundant water in a casserole or small pot and heat with a little salt.
- When it comes to a boil, add the rice and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Apart, heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan.
- Cut the chicken breast.
- Clean the carrots and cut them.
- Place both chicken and carrot in skillet and let fry.
- Also chop onions and mushrooms.
- In a separate skillet, add onion to skillet and fry until crystallized.
- Then place the carrot, when it is soft, add the mushrooms. Stir-fry.
- It’s time to add the chicken, stir a little and add the vegetable broth.
- Sprinkle him with curry, pepper and salt.
- Let it cook and thicken, this will create a sauce with the vegetables.
- The rice should be cooked, drain and serve in a deep dish.
- Then serve the chicken on top with the vegetables and sprinkle a little sauce.
Option 2: Meatballs with courgette and bechamel
- 500 gr. minced meat
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150 ml. of olive oil
- Mozzarella cheese
- 2 courgettes
To prepare this dish, all you have to do is:
- First place the meat in a large bowl and season with pepper, garlic, parsley and egg.
- Mix well and create little balls with the mixture.
- Pass the meatballs through flour and fry them in olive oil at medium temperature.
- Cook over low heat so that they are juicy and soft, and golden on the outside.
- When they are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Put them on a baking tray, and bathe them with béchamel.
- Put the mozzarella on top and the zucchini, you can grate it or put it in julienne.
- Bake at 180 °C to grill the mozzarella.
- When ready, remove and serve.
- 400 gr. of noodles or the pasta you prefer
- 200 gr. of fresh or frozen peas
- 100 gr. of ham in cubes (the one of your preference)
- 250 gr. of liquid cream (or bechamel)
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
To make this food for pregnant women you must:
- Put a little olive oil in a frying pan and take to the fire, sauté the peas and ham, until the last one is a little browned.
- Besides, boil enough water with salt.
- When it starts to boil, add the pasta, as soon as it is ready, strain.
- Put the pasta back in the pan where you made it and add the cream or béchamel sauce.
- Mix in a wrap-around manner until it is unified.
- Place the preparation made with the peas and ham and stir well.
- Serve with plenty of Parmesan cheese.
Apple Compote Dessert
Apple compote is a dessert to eat healthy during the sweet wait.
- 4 red or green apples
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- A large glass of water
- A tea bag of some fruit (apple, forest fruits, etc.)
This compote can be prepared in the same way with the fruit you want. Ideal for combating constipation during pregnancy!
- Add the glass of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- When it boils, remove from heat and add the tea bag of your choice.
- Let the infusion rest for 10 minutes.
- Apart, wash the apples well, remove the skin and the center, cut into segments.
- Add the apple to the tea infusion, along with the vanilla.
- Place pot on medium heat for 15 minutes, or until boiling.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- When the mixture is cold, pass the apple through a pisapurés.
List the applesauce, enjoy it!
Option 1: Pumpkin Cream
- 150 gr of pumpkin
- Green onion (chives, scallions)
- Spices to taste
- Boil the pumpkin with salt, green onion and salt.
- Take care that the amount of water is adequate, because if it is too much it could be very watery and if it is too little it would be too thick.
- When the pumpkin is soft, add the preparation in the blender or processor.
- There, you got your homemade pumpkin cream.
If you like it, you can put cheese on top of it when you serve it.
Option 2: Roasted tomato with egg salad
- 1 boiled egg
- 2-4 anchovies
- 1 slice whole wheat toast
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 2 tablespoons black olives
- 1 small yellow or orange pepper in thick strips
- 2 tomatoes, halved, with skin
- 5 cucumber slices
- 1 small bunch mint, oregano and parsley, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and pepper
Easy! You just have to:
- Roast the peppers and tomatoes in the oven on a tray with a little olive oil.
- Leave for about 20 minutes at 18 °C.
- Peel the egg and cut it into thin slices taking care not to break it.
- On a flat plate, place the cucumber wheels, roasted tomatoes, pepper strips, black olives and herbs.
- Sprinkle them with olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the egg slices and decorate with anchovies and capers.
Option 3: Fruit Skewers
- 1 banana
- 1 small piece of melon
- 1 small piece of watermelon
- 1 small piece of papaya
- Height sticks
- Wash, peel and cut the fruits, take the seeds from those who have it. Cut into small pieces.
- Then, prick a slice of each fruit interspersed, always forming the same pattern.
- There, that easy!
You can accompany it with some natural yogurt.
Remember, the best way to get a good menu and meal plan for your pregnancy is to consult with a nutrition specialist who will put together a pregnancy menu, customized for you and your needs.
Did you prepare your own menu or was it made by a specialist? Tell us about your experience!
You may be interested: