Cholesterol can be good or bad (in fact, there are two types of cholesterol that are nicknamed that way), its regulation depends on the health of the human body and prevents a possible cardiovascular disease that can be fatal in the long term.
How many times has it not happened that a person receives the results of a blood test and the first thing they see is a high number in the cholesterol section? This situation is common but it is not the end of the world.
Fortunately, there are qualified home remedies available to accomplish the task of deleting that number and writing a much lower one.
What is cholesterol?
It is a naturally occurring substance in the body characterized by impaired health when it exceeds its levels in the blood. In addition to being greasy and waxy, it is linked to blood pressure as it circulates through the arteries to the liver.
If cholesterol is combined with other substances, it can stick to artery walls blocking blood flow.
Types of Cholesterol
- Bad cholesterol (LDL): It accumulates in the walls of the arteries reducing the size of these reducing their pressure and increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Good cholesterol (HDL): Transported to the liver through the walls of the arteries, in its passage remove the blockages of bad cholesterol.
- unhealthy eating
- Low physical activity.
- advanced age
- The cigarette.
- Hereditary factors.
It is recommended to eliminate the fat in the foods of the daily diet, mainly concentrated in red meats, an alternative is to consume birds and fish.
Exercising daily is another practice that can be applied both at home and in a gym, just need some basic movement exercises to burn calories and lower cholesterol.
Home Remedies to Eliminate or Reduce Cholesterol
Below is a selected list of 9 home remedies for cholesterol:
- Oat water is an essential home remedy to combat cholesterol due to its fiber components, this cereal is easy to chew and digest by the body making the process of absorption of sugars and fats in other foods consumed is slower.
To apply, mix one cup of oat flakes and three liters of water to liquefy, then pour the rest of the water adding a little oatmeal to boil. Optional cinnamon sticks can be added.
This drink not only lowers cholesterol, but also triglycerides in the blood.
- Olive oil is an excellent natural treatment to improve the health of the heart, having a positive effect on the cholesterol level, reducing the bad ones and increasing the good ones.
To apply only it is necessary to take two small spoonfuls of olive oil directly without mixing, this way they take advantage of all their properties of a better form avoiding many cardiovascular diseases.
- Vegetable juice is very healthy and nutritious for the human body as it contains active antioxidants and other properties that reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood.
In order to apply, a juice must be created from any fruit of preference, although the most recommended are grapes, lemon, pineapple, ginger and pomegranate. These natural juices can be accompanied with each meal.
- The artichoke is another food indicated to reduce cholesterol, this vegetable is special for its low calories and fiber properties. Artichoke acids increase blood pressure levels by releasing blood from bad cholesterol.
To apply, create an infusion with two artichoke leaves in a bowl of boiling water for fifteen minutes, then blend and take the result. It is advisable to include this drink in the daily diet.
- Dandelion has very beautiful flowers that hide health benefits that qualify it as a high quality medicinal plant. Its toxins have a regulating effect on cholesterol and uric acid levels in the human body.
To apply you can choose between preparing infusions, juices and even there are commercial capsules, but this last option does not have a homemade origin, therefore, is discarded.
- White tea is a natural antioxidant belonging to the family of flavonoids due to the catechins contained in this drink ideal for controlling cholesterol by reducing the bad and increasing the good. It also regulates blood pressure and blood circulation.
To apply you need to buy a traditional white tea envelope, mix with boiling water and drink several times a day.
- Foods with Omega-3 function as a natural supplement that does not require the typical artificial capsules to get this famous fatty acid.
To apply it is necessary to include foods containing Omega-3 in the daily diet, some of it are fish, fruits, vegetables and dairy.
- Cabbage water works just as well as oat water, has a similar preparation and tastes as good as fiber. To apply a cabbage is chopped in two equal parts, one of them is mixed in three liters of boiling water for twenty minutes.
Then the result should be cooled, preferably in a glass glass to take a liter a day, helping to curb cholesterol as well as slimming the body.
- Herbal teas are homemade drinks that regulate cholesterol and keep the body healthy. There are three variants that can be used:
Sesame tea: Soak a portion of sesame in a small cup of water overnight to blend with an apple and a couple of tablespoons of oats in the morning.
Red tea: Mix a quarter of cinnamon and grated ginger with a little lemon juice and three quarters of boiling water, at the end add a tablespoon of red tea and drink the final result in the mornings.
Sour orange tea: Two sour oranges are squeezed, then the juice is mixed with crushed garlic cloves and drunk once a day.