Acute pain is the worst part of suffering from a nerve-linked disease, these areas of the body are sometimes difficult to care for because they are always exposed to diseases and pressures exerted by movement.
When the neuralgia appears the situation becomes serious and it is time to take effective measures to eliminate this sharp and annoying pain.
It is recommended to go to home remedies to relieve pain without having to consult a doctor, depending on the case.
But before knowing how to cure neuralgia with these natural treatments, it is necessary to know the causes and types, as well as the preventive measures.
What is neuralgia?
A type of irritation or inflammation that individually or collectively affects the nerve, causing acute pain that occurs spontaneously. The pain is described as stabbing and goes through the entire nerve pathway varying the intensity of the pain.
Types of neuralgia
Trigeminal Neuralgia: Its name derives from the trigeminal nerve which is affected by a tumor or inflammation of the blood vessel. It is common in adults over the age of forty.
Glossopharyngeal neuralgia: Its name derives from the glossopharyngeal nerve which is irritated by pain in the ear, tongue and throat areas. They are also common in adults over the age of forty.
Causes of neuralgia
- Irritation caused by chemicals.
- Diseases of renal origin of chronic qualification.
- Diabetes and other sugar diseases.
- Herpes and paclitaxel.
- blood disorders such as porphyria
- Pressures on bones, blood vessels, ligaments, or tumors caused by internal or external agents.
- Trauma like surgery.
Prevention of neuralgia
The classic preventive measure for neuralgia is treatment by a physician with pain relievers or analgesics to relieve pain. Other practices such as physiotherapy, massages and relaxing baths are also recommended.
Home Remedies to Eliminate Neuralgia
- Chamomile is a very powerful flower to eliminate the symptoms of neuralgia. To apply, mix one hundred grams of chamomile flowers in one litre of olive oil and leave to stand for three hours.
Then filter the maceration in a casserole to keep the result in an airtight bottle or glass. The liquid is applied with the fingers to make a massage with several repetitions during several minutes in the affected area.
- Hot water has beneficial effects due to the temperature it provides to the body, improving blood circulation and eliminating neuralgia.
To apply, a hot water compress must be created to place in the affected area for one minute, then another compress is placed when the heat of the previous one is lost. It is recommended to use this hydrotherapy at least five times a day.
- Sage tea is a miracle drink that contains healing properties, it also has a delicious taste compared to other teas.
To apply, boil two teaspoons of sage in a bowl of water for five minutes. Then take the infusion when your temperature is warm, repeat three times a day to ensure results.
- Clay is an ideal component for highly curative home remedies. The therapeutic properties of this remedy have been sufficient to establish clay therapy as an effective treatment.
To apply, mix half a cup of powdered clay with hot water in a plastic container (avoid metal ones). The result is left to rest for several minutes to place on the affected area.
- Hypericum oil is another type of oil classified as a home remedy for almost any disease, including neuralgia. To apply, mix 50 milliliters of hyperic oil in five drops of lemon balm and the same amount of lavender.
The result is applied with a series of massages with several repetitions on the affected areas.
- Calendula is a plant that grows in fields and orchards which makes it easily accessible to anyone living in a rural area. If, on the other hand, you live in an urban area, there are many naturist shops that sell calendula for its medicinal use.
To apply, mix three medium spoonfuls of calendula in half a litre of water for five minutes. The result is applied with a cotton wool to place on the affected area. Finally, rinse the area with warm water.
- Pumpkin pulp is perhaps the most precious part of this fruit and is usually taken out before eating, so it is recommended to reserve the pulp before serving it at dinner.
To apply, the pulp must be extracted, heated in a bain-marie for several minutes and then placed in the form of a poultice over the affected area. It is recommended to use a handkerchief over the pulp to keep it warm.
- White willow bark is readily available due to the rapid growth of this tree, which belongs to the salicaceae family. This tree is found mainly in temperate zones, as a factor to take into account for your search.
To apply, boil the white willow bark accompanied by meadowsweet and elderberry flowers in a glass of water. The result is left to stand for several minutes after boiling on fire. You should drink a cup at least twice a day.
- The leaves of the avocado tree are prized, even more than the avocado sometimes when you need to prepare a home remedy. Some of the fruit’s nutrients are also present in the leaves.
To apply, several leaves must be collected, then washed and mixed with a cup of boiling water. The result is covered and left to macerate for at least twelve hours.
The infusion is then reheated to place using a wet tissue over the affected area. It is recommended that you repeat this remedy until you feel the relief from the heat.