The uncomfortable sensation of burning and bitter taste in the mouth is suffered by many people after eating their favorite food, ruining one of life’s pleasures.
Eliminating this annoying phenomenon from within the human body is relatively straightforward. Some buy expensive drugs without a prescription, forgetting that there are many home and natural remedies that may be available on a shelf or in the kitchen refrigerator.
These remedies with effective results not only disappear reflux, also benefit the body in general increasing health without the need for exposure to any artificial product.
What is reflux?
It is a phenomenon of the digestive system produced by the sporadic reflux of food after the ingestion process.
The alimentary bolus departs from the stomach towards the inner esophageal sphincter and reaches the esophagus producing a burning sensation and sensation of acid in the mouth.
In most cases, reflux does not reach the mouth because it is restricted by the length of the esophagus.
Types of reflux
- Gastrointestinal reflux.
- Gastroesophageal reflux.
Causes of reflux
- Eating large amounts of food by dilating the stomach and sphincter ring.
- The cigarette.
- Drink carbonated beverages such as soda and alcoholic beverages such as rum and vodka.
- Suffering from hiatal hernia.
To prevent excessive levels of gastric flow is recommended to change eating habits following a diet low in sugar and rich in vegetables and fresh fruits. This practice over time regulates bacterial acid balances.
Increasing the natural production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach is another step to forget reflux. To increase the levels of this substance it is recommended to lower the salt in the food or buy high quality salt.
Alternatively, supplements such as probiotics and Betaine HCL can be taken to balance the intestine. These drugs should be taken in consultation with your doctor.
Home Remedies to Eliminate Backflow
- Organic apple cider vinegar is a natural remedy that can be found both in health food stores and at home. To apply, mix in a small glass of water of about four ounces with clean water.
This remedy serves not only to soothe reflux, but also for other diseases of the stomach and helps the digestion process. Some commercial presentations of this remedy are processed, these versions should be avoided because they are not 100% natural.
- Sodium bicarbonate is a product that not only serves to clean the refrigerator and remove stains, but also to clean our body by controlling gastritis, stomach pain and gastric reflux.
To apply, mix the sodium bicarbonate in a small glass of water, then take the result before the bubbles resulting from the chemical reaction of the mixture overflow the glass.
As a preventive measure, it is advisable to consult a doctor before applying this remedy, because people with high blood pressure or low sodium diets cannot consume it.
- The aloe vera, also called organic aloe vera besides being an excellent natural cosmetic is also a home remedy that relieves stomach upset, diarrhea, colitis ulcer and reflux.
To apply, take a little aloe vera gel in the palm of the hand and massage the part affected by the burning reflux.
- Glutamine is a natural amino acid produced by the human body, it can also be found in dairy products, proteins and some vegetables such as parsley and spinach.
To apply, a diet rich in these foods must be made so that glutamine works as an anti-inflammatory, reducing the reflux produced by the swelling of the intestine.
- Herbal Licorice is another effective home remedy for eliminating reflux, working as a layer covering the entire stomach or as a protective gel.
To apply, mix some branches of herbal liquorice root in boiling water to create an infusion of tea that should then be taken each day in the morning.
This remedy is highly sweet, so it is recommended that people with diabetes avoid it.
- The ginger root produces an effect that protects the entire gastrointestinal tract by blocking the acids produced by the helicobacter pylori bacterium. This remedy may be more effective than other artificial medications such as lansoprazole.
To apply, mix a small spoonful of ginger in a medium cup of boiling water. The result is left to stand for several minutes and consumed before each main meal.
- Chewing gum may sound like a rare home remedy, starting from the fact that producing homemade gum is very difficult. But it is considered natural because the important thing is not to swallow the gum, but to chew it frequently.
This practice increases saliva production by reducing acid levels in the esophagus.
- Sleeping on your stomach is another easy home treatment to apply, it is only necessary to sleep in that position or on the right side of the bed. These positions cause pressure on the stomach, decreasing reflux.
- Fresh lemon is a readily available fruit that functions as a balancing stick for acid levels in the digestive tract.
To apply, prepare a simple lemon juice based on lukewarm water to take each day in the morning until acid levels are regulated naturally.
- Raw almonds seem not to be edible simply because they are raw, but it turns out that the human body can digest them without any problem saving the process of mixing or preparation of these nuts.
To apply it is enough to consume raw almonds before, during or after each meal, these balance the pH levels in the stomach and increase calcium.
As always, although natural and home remedies contribute to the relief of many ailments, they never replace the visit to the doctor.