Stains on the Face
People struggle every day to have good looking skin that is clean and free of pigments that ruin beauty.
For thousands of years this concern has required the creation of various methods (some not so effective) to remove all traces of impurity on the face.
Nature has been the main ally to fight skin spots and achieves results that are sometimes better than those achieved by expensive cosmetics.
For the removal of stains caused by any factor (including dark spots on the face by the sun), here is a list of home remedies with easily accessible ingredients plus some tips for preventing this problem.
What are stains on the face?
They are small pigments that appear on the face that differ to a greater or lesser extent by the color different from the person’s skin tone.
Causes of Skin Spots
- Hormonal disorders.
- Predisposition in the genetics of the organism.
- Addisson’s disease and other diseases.
- Exposure to solar radiation.
- Application of defective cosmetics or fragrances.
Home remedies to remove stains on the face
- Lemon juice is an excellent natural drink to remove spots on the face. To apply, squeeze the juice of half a slice of fresh lemon in a glass to wash the face directly in the areas where the stains can be seen. This procedure should be done before going to sleep.
Then rinse with cold water in the morning and it is advisable not to expose yourself to the sun with the lemon on your face because it could stain more the skin, so it is a rule to apply this remedy at night.
- Onion juice is another natural drink that fights stains on the face. To apply, spray a purple onion in a blender, then soak the juice in cotton and make contact in the areas of the stains.
This remedy should be removed with cold water after ten minutes and may cause a slight burning at first.
- Vinegar is the cosmetic ally par excellence as it has historically accompanied humans to improve their appearance since the levels of acid PH were discovered in this liquid.
The vinegar should be applied on the face using cotton in the areas of the stains, then let dry for twenty minutes to wash with cold water. This remedy not only removes stains, it also closes pores and smoothes the skin leaving it shiny.
- Milk and horseradish are a very particular combination but when it comes to stains you have to try many methods. Mix the milk and horseradish to apply to the areas of the stains with cotton and then leave to dry overnight until rinsed the next day.
This treatment lightens the color of the spots that cause a change in the complexion of the skin.
- Yogurt, besides being delicious and creamy, has cleansing and disinfecting properties on the skin, softening pores and strengthening the regeneration of the skin, maintaining its humidity.
To apply, make a yoghurt mask over the entire face with a brush or simply with your fingers. It is then left to dry for fifteen or twenty minutes to remove with lukewarm water.
- Cucumber is another miracle treatment that contains a lot of water and vitamin E, as well as serving as an ingredient to create a natural oil which qualifies as a quality home remedy.
To apply, peel and cut the cucumber, remove the seeds and chop it in a blender until forming a paste that will serve as a mask that is placed on the skin with a brush or finger.
This mask should be left on for twenty minutes until the skin is relaxed and purified.
- Aloe vera has also historically been the home remedy par excellence. It is said that since ancient Egypt, the queens Nefertitis and Cleopatra used it in gel form as a beauty treatment.
The aloe vera gel is obtained inside the leaves of the plant and should be applied in the areas where the spots are to let dry for at least 30 minutes to hydrate, nourish and soften the skin.
- The tomato hides powerful nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin Cm lycopene and various proteins that are highly recommended for the skin. To apply, mix a small spoonful of lemon juice in tomato juice to soak in cotton wool.
Tomato juice counteracts the action of the factors that cause spots in certain cases.
- Clay and mud is another treatment that has lasted over the years, this rudimentary remedy has a millenary age and is still used today because both ingredients activate the properties of minerals in the skin.
The green clay also called bentonite is special to apply because it works as an antibacterial and natural purifier, together with the mud bring a soft feeling of elasticity and freshness to the skin.
- Turmeric powder is held as the great secret in India to maintain the beauty of the skin for decades and is nicknamed as ‘the salt of life’. This remedy seems magical because it reduces the dark pigmentations of the skin. If the stains are dark, the result is 100% guaranteed.
To apply, mix one tablespoon of turmeric powder in three small tablespoons of lemon juice to form a paste that will cover the entire skin for thirty minutes, then rinse with water.
Other recommendations and tips for removing stains on the face
- Find out the exact cause of face stains so you know what treatment to use and how to prevent them.
- Avoiding tobacco use
- Use sunscreen when there is too much sun exposure.
- Eat foods rich in minerals and vitamins A, C, and E that benefit the skin.
- Use creams or other cosmetic products.
- See a dermatologist who prescribes medications.