How to remove freckles? Can they be removed naturally? Freckles are one of the most common features that can present the surface of our skin.
In some people, these little brown spots that adorn the face, back and arms usually appear as genetic inheritance, but in others their presence is due to prolonged exposure to the sun’s rays and the natural passage of time.
Although freckles can be very attractive, for many women their appearance can detract from the brightness of the face and look unsightly.
Many women suffer from the appearance of freckles from sun exposure and want to remove them from their body because they look unsightly.
Freckles can appear in anyone who is accustomed to being exposed for a long time to the rays of the sun, but are usually much more frequent in people with white skin and very sensitive to the sun.
There are currently many laser treatments available that can be easily removed. However, there are natural solutions that can help you hide them in a more economical and simple way.
If you want to know how to remove freckles and do not know where to start, in this article we share the best tricks and treatments to achieve it.
What are freckles?
Also known as age spots, freckles are small brown melanin spots that appear on the skin, often when we expose ourselves to the sun.
They usually appear in both women and men, but are more common in those who have a sensitive skin type that burns easily when exposed to the sun. Such as people with fair skins, redheads and blondes.
Freckles are small brown melanin spots that appear on the skin.
Although they may appear on different parts of the body, they are much more common on the face, back, shoulders, and arms.
Why do freckles come out?
The most common cause of the appearance of freckles is heredity, so many times a genetic predisposition is due more than anything else, even so the main responsible for its formation are the ultraviolet rays (UV) from the sun.
Many people with fair and sensitive skin when exposed to the sun often have freckles on their skin.
Freckles usually appear in people with sun-sensitive skin.
Can freckles be removed?
Although very small spots are treated it is not always possible to eliminate freckles, since in many occasions genetic factors and other aspects that have to do more with the organism can influence.
Freckles cannot always be removed, so consultation with a dermatologist is important.
But if you are wondering how to remove freckles and you are completely sure that their appearance is simply aesthetic and does not harm your skin, you can resort to different professional or natural treatments to attenuate them and in the best of cases, eliminate them and prevent more from appearing.
How to remove freckles with cosmetic treatments?
If you are wondering how to definitively remove freckles from your skin you should know that the best treatments to get it quickly and effectively are those aesthetic and professional. Ideally, you should see a dermatologist or specialist in the area, and learn about the best techniques and treatments available for you, depending on your skin type and particular needs.
The easiest and quickest way to remove freckles is with professional cosmetic treatments.
Here are the most effective alternatives you can employ in the search for how to remove freckles quickly with aesthetic treatments.
- Whitening creams: One of the most recommended treatments by skin specialists are whitening creams based on hydroquinone and kojic acid or tretinol. All these substances have a very effective whitening effect on the skin as they eliminate melanin in the areas of greater pigmentation. Although often used on white skins, it can sometimes irritate the skin.
- Chemical Peel: When asked how to remove freckles with aesthetic treatments, the peel is without one of the most used. This is a technique that mixes different chemicals to exfoliate the different layers of the skin and gradually disappear, spots, freckles, wrinkles and expression lines more noticeable.
- Laser treatments: Another very effective way to remove freckles is through laser treatments. This technique projects a very intense light on each one of the freckles, to eliminate definitively the cells of dark color. It is a very precise alternative and its side effects are minimal, in fact it is painless and requires no recovery.
- Cryotherapy: Cryotherapy is a method that consists of applying a very intense cold through liquid nitrogen on spots, freckles, moles or tumors that are desired to eliminate immediately.
- IPL Therapy: Although intense pulsed light therapy is normally used to obtain facial rejuvenation it can also be a very effective alternative to how to remove freckles. Its effects act on the deepest layers of the skin and completely eliminate blemishes and freckles.
Before applying any treatment you should consult with a specialist.
Before applying any of these types of treatments to get rid of freckles on your skin it is important that you see a specialist who evaluated the possible negative effects that these may cause on your health, as it is scientifically proven that people who usually have freckles have 2.5 times more susceptibility to burns, meaning that their skin is not capable of subtly tanning.
Before starting any freckle removal treatment, it is important to consult with a specialist to evaluate the possible effects and consequences.
It is also important to note that these treatments only treat existing freckles, but do not prevent the appearance of new freckles in the future.
How to remove freckles from the face and body naturally? Home Remedies and Natural Treatments
In general, the type of skin of those who have many freckles tend to be much more delicate, so they require certain care to protect it.
If you want to know how to remove freckles from the face or body, without mistreating your skin with strong treatments, we recommend trying the following natural remedies, which in addition to economic, can be very effective.
There are different home remedies and natural treatments to remove freckles from the face and body that we can do at home and are an excellent alternative economic
In addition to being rich in vitamin C, lemon contains a powerful acid that can help break down melanin stains and reduce the tone of freckles after a few months of application.
The antioxidants and collagen that brings lemon juice to our skin, can directly whiten the skin of any type of blemishes.
How to remove freckles with lemon?
Easy, just follow these steps:
- Cut a lemon into slices*
- Place them directly on the freckles by rubbing them a little.
- Let it work for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse with plenty of water.
*You can also squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon with the help of cotton.
Whenever you apply lemon, avoid direct exposure to the sun as much as possible as it may cause the opposite effect.
Honey, lemon and sugar exfoliator
Exfoliating the skin at least once a week helps to eliminate the dead cells that accumulate in our skin, preventing it from regenerating and absorbing all the creams and treatments we apply.
One of the best ways to reduce, avoid, and remove freckles is with exfoliation.
- In how to remove freckles this exfoliating mask will keep your skin clean and free of impurities, as well as whiten it and attenuate freckles.
How does it work?
To perform this natural treatment for freckles follow these steps:
- Squeeze the juice from a lemon in a bowl
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of honey until sticky.
- Apply it to the surface of your skin with the help of a brush.
- let her act for about half an hour.
- Remove with plenty of cold water.
For some women the appearance of freckles is a consequence of strong sun exposure.
Dairy products such as yoghurt have acids that have a whitening effect on dark spots. In addition, the enzymes found in good melanin bacteria can also help break down melanin pigmentation in the skin.
How is this treatment used?
To remove freckles using yogurt, you just have to:
- Apply a little natural yogurt on the freckles you want to lighten.
- Let its properties act for a few minutes.
- Then rinse with plenty of cold water.
The lactic acid in yoghurt contains quite effective whitening properties.
Foods such as papaya, potato, and pineapple contain enzymes that can help break down melanin into colorless particles. Learn how to remove freckles by taking advantage of the whitening benefits of papaya with the preparation of this natural mask.
How to make a papaya mask for freckles?
Simple, you just have to:
- Cut the papaya into small pieces and crush it with the help of a fork until you obtain a purée*.
- Apply the mask to all parts of the body that have freckles, and wait for it to dry.
- Then remove it with plenty of water.
* You can also put it through the blender to make it much more uniform.
Ask your dermatologist which is the best treatment for freckles according to your skin.
Castor oil is another of the natural options that can help you in the task of how to remove freckles. In addition to moisturizing the skin, castor oil has the power to protect and lighten the skin.
How is castor oil used to remove freckles?
Very Easy! Follow these 3 steps:
- Apply a few drops of castor oil to a cotton ball.
- apply them to all the freckles you wish to remove.
- Let it dry and do not remove it for best results.
Freckles usually appear in different sizes and shades so a good solution to eliminate them is to regulate the natural pigmentation of the skin. To do that, nothing like rosehip oil.
In fact, it is just as beneficial for dark spots as it is for light spots.
This natural oil can be applied pure and undiluted twice a day on the surface of the skin you want to lighten.
How to prevent the appearance of freckles?
Although many people who often have freckles on their skin have a genetic predisposition, the best solution to how to remove freckles is to avoid all those factors that may develop them.
The appearance of freckles on the skin is often due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
Let’s see how to prevent the appearance of new freckles on your skin by following these tips.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun: The number one responsible for the appearance of freckles on our skin, is undoubtedly excessive sun exposure. Therefore, it is essential to use sunscreen every day and avoid exposure to the sun during noon whenever possible.
- Watch out for the effects of birth control: Some birth control methods can alter your hormone levels, so this may be the reason for the sudden appearance of freckles on your skin.
- Take care of your skin over the years: Dry skin, lack of vitamins and the constant changes we are exposed to over the years can affect the health and appearance of our skin.
- Possible hormonal changes: During pregnancy, hormonal changes can cause an excess production of melanin and therefore, the appearance of spots and freckles. Fortunately, spots tend to go away after pregnancy ends, although they may not.
Although many of these treatments and natural remedies act slowly. If you apply them with a lot of constancy and patience, they can be extremely effective in removing freckles naturally.
The idea is to have natural and economic solutions that not only offer good results, but also do not have an irritating and aggressive effect on your skin. Remember that if you continue to expose yourself to the sun for a long time, it will be very difficult for you to eliminate freckles definitively.
If you have any doubt, consult your dermatologist for a treatment for freckles according to your skin and your particular case.