How to Remove limescale from the WC
Limescale from the WC
One of the things that can cause some displeasure and embarrassment in a home is undoubtedly the hygienic conditions or cleanliness that a bathroom presents precisely, the dirty appearance of a toilet or toilet caused by scale and lime that can be a challenge of cleaning difficult to deal with and can also cause embarrassing situations when you have guests because a home says a lot about its inhabitants.
Fortunately, there are currently different ways to eliminate or remove the problem of limescale that generates horrible stains on toilets and the one that I will explain below, is one of the easiest and most convenient to use in addition to being very effective removing the limescale or sediment that form a real crust inside the toilets.
Removing or removing limescale from the toilet | Materials
- Cleaning brush: is an effective tool for cleaning the inside of the toilet as it easily removes organic waste adhered to the toilet.
- Cleaning gloves: this is another essential utensil for any type of bathroom cleaning that avoids contact with the hands of dirty and contaminated surfaces. Gloves with a slightly rough surface on the fingers are recommended so that nothing to be handled slips.
- 1/2 litre of white vinegar: this is a type of vinegar that is used in cooking but also, it is used for beauty treatments and domestic cleaning, it can be obtained in a supermarket or herbalists and finally, it must be consigned that it is not, a toxic element and it is granted bactericidal properties.
Remove or remove limescale from the toilet | Because limescale forms
On the one hand, the water that reaches our homes contains some minerals that gradually, over time, accumulate on the contact surfaces or where the water passes.
In the case of WCs these minerals are deposited at the bottom, at the edges of the surface of the water remaining in the toilet and at the concavities where the water comes out of the discharges thus forming sediment and encrusted crusts on the surface of this sanitary device.
On the other hand, the formation of limescale is helped by the organic waste that is expelled in this and certainly, not to make the respective discharge or to maintain a respective toilet, cooperates in the formation of the limescale.
Removing or removing limescale from WC | Making white vinegar
The white vinegar has a weak pH and a considerable acidity and for this reason, it acts effectively diluting, the hard and alkaline water that is cysted in the form of scale or sediment in the baths softening and eliminating, these solidified residues, being this pure chemical process.
Remove or remove limescale from the toilet | Step # 1
The first step, logically it is to open the container of the white vinegar and to pour to its content to the interior of the toilet trying that the vinegar is spread by everything in interior of the WC and to do that, effective in the interior edges where the water of the discharges falls it can be done wetting the fingers of the gloves that you wear and to pass them directly in these more inaccessible places of a bath.
To do that, effective on the inner edges where the water falls from the discharges can be done by wetting the fingers of the gloves you are wearing and pass them directly into these more inaccessible places of a toilet.
When you have finished this process, you must allow at least a couple of hours for the vinegar to take effect on the limescale, soften it and detach from the surface of the toilet.
It is recommended that this procedure be done at night so that the white vinegar has a more than enough time for it to act against these crusts that form in the bathroom and because at night they will not use the bathroom.
Remove or remove limescale from the toilet | Step # 2
Once waited the prudent time you will have to take the cleaning brush and begin to brush for all the inner surface of the WC, edges, bottom, concavity where the water comes out the discharge and almost, by magic you will notice that that impossible to remove limescale comes out with a surprising facility that comforts anyone.
Remove or remove limescale from the toilet | Step # 3
Then, to brush all the interior of the WC the chain must be thrown so that water drags and takes away all the detached sediment and then, the interior is inspected to see if some residue remains and to remove it brushing with the toilet brush and finally, to throw again the chain and finally, the interior of the WC remains free of scale, lime and stains that before were almost impossible to remove or to eliminate when making toilet.
How to Avoid Scale and Toilet Lime | Recommendations
- A necessary suggestion in the future is to keep the cleaning of the bathroom in a constant way, i.e. you should scrub the inside with the cleaning brush at least once a week to avoid or delay the process of formation of these scabs in the toilet.
- Another suggestion is that every time you use a toilet, flush or clean it, don't forget this, because the waste and residues stagnate and sediment on the edges, and helped by the water that possesses its minerals.
A complementary option to the bathroom cleanliness are the water softeners that remove limescale, rust and any residue can cause these ugly stains in a toilet and can be obtained, in some large hardware store where appliances and products for the bathroom are sold.