Google Photos: How to save all your photos in the cloud for free
Google Photos is one of the best cloud backup services on the market, and can allow you to put all your photos in the cloud for free.
Do you want to back up the photo library of all your devices to the cloud?
Google Photos is probably one of the best choices you can make: the service offers free and unlimited storage of your photos in "high quality" - limited to 15 GB free if you upload your originals.
Since the change from Flickr to an offre payante, it is indeed difficult to find something better. Here's how to back up all your photos, regardless of your camera.
Save your photo library in Google Photos from Mobile Device
That is why:
- Install, if you have not already done so, Google Photos for Android or iOS and access your Google account.
- Open Google Photos and go to the menu ≡ at the top of the screen.
- Go to Settings > Backup and Synchronization and enable the backup
- Mark your photos and possibly your videos to allow the backup of these contents in Google Drive from your mobile data, if you do not want to wait to be connected to a WiFi network to start the synchronization
The backup starts immediately, but not all photos will be immediately available in the cloud (this depends on your connection speed and the size of your photo library).
Deleting Google photos does not automatically disable saving to the Google disk.
If you have chosen the high quality import size, your backup space is unlimited but the platform will compress your photos beyond 16 megapixels.
If you choose the original import size, the backup size will not exceed 15 GB of free Google Drive storage or the remaining storage space you have purchased.
Google Drive: back up your photos from your computer
If you want to make the backup from your computer, follow these steps:
- Download and install Google backup and synchronization.
- Sign in to your Google account
- When the application asks for it, choose to save the contents you are interested in (photos, videos, other files...)
- Select the folder(s) in which your photos are located
- Choose the import size in the Photo and video import size section
- Click Start to start the backup
Note:If you have chosen the High Quality import size, your backup space is unlimited but the platform will compress your photos beyond 16 megapixels.
If you choose the original import size, the backup size will not exceed 15 GB of free storage on the Google hard drive or the remaining storage space you have purchased.
It is also possible to save the photos manually through your browser:
- Go to http://drive.google.com
- Click on import in the upper left corner or drag and drop the folders containing your photos (do not close the window during the transfer)