Virtues and benefits of the beet
Benefits of Beet
This vegetable, which is unloved by children, is full of benefits for detoxifying the body. An essential tuber to protect the liver and include it in the diet without delay.
Photo by tomateoignons from Pexels
Beets clean and purify the liver and body. It filters out toxins that cause disease. From the tuber family, beets are a vegetable that is best eaten between May and October.
It has a low glycemic index (40 kcal per 90g of boiled beet) but is very rich in antioxidants that strengthen the immune system and protect against free radicals.
Beets are generally eaten precooked, but some varieties such as Plate D'Egypte or Chioggia can be eaten raw.
However, it has a high nutritional value and is particularly rich in iron, minerals, calcium and vitamins A, B and C, not to mention its high concentration of lutein (to protect eyesight), folic acid and betaine to prevent heart disease.
- To fight hypertension and heart problems: Beets lower blood pressure and potassium dilates blood vessels.
It prevents the formation of blood clots and prevents the risk of accumulation of plaque, thus avoiding the clogging of blood vessels.
It dissolves non-organic calcium residues, which helps fight heart problems, hypertension and varicose veins.
A daily dose of 500ml of beet juice (about 2 beets) reduces blood pressure.
- For women: this vegetable rich in folic acid is perfect for pregnant women. Folic acid aids in the proper development of the fetus during the first three months of pregnancy to prevent the risk of birth defects in the child.
As an advantage, the beet is full of iron, which increases the production of red blood cells and helps combat fatigue.
It is a natural remedy for anemia.
Finally, it is a not insignificant source of silicone and prevents the risk of osteoporosis.
- For the brain: beets are rich in betaine, which is a substance that acts on the production of serotonin, which promotes good mood and prevents the risk of depression.
In addition, it acts on the oxygenation of the body and brain functions thanks to its high concentration of nitrates that facilitates the transmission of nerve impulses and allows the brain to function properly.
- To fight cancer: numerous studies show that the consumption of beets helps prevent certain cancers such as skin, lung and colon cancer.
According to a Howard University study, beta cyanine slows the proliferation of cancer cells.
Eating beets daily significantly reduces the risk of cancer.
- For the skin: beet juice is ideal for beautiful skin and hair. It prevents the appearance of acne and skin spots.
In cosmetics, the betaine contained in the beet is a powerful antioxidant that preserves the hydration and youthfulness of the skin by combating oxidative stress and damage caused by climatic conditions.
You can prepare homemade masks with beets, as it has anti-inflammatory, moisturizing and softening properties. Finally, it is a very good stimulant to boost hair growth.