WhatsApp on a tablet
Many may wonder how WhatsApp can be installed on a tablet. There are two different methods: through WhatsApp Web or installing the original application from your APK.
We explain how to do it by following each of these methods. Chatting from your tablet is easier than it looks!
Install WhatsApp Web on an Android tablet
Since 2016, WhatsApp is available in its Web version and can also be used in tablets. This is possibly the easiest way to use the messaging service through a tablet, as long as you have the application installed on your smartphone and working perfectly.
If your phone is turned off or does not have an internet connection, WhatsApp Web will not work.
In the internet browser of our tablet we must activate the option View as computer (Chrome) or Activate the script view (Firefox) depending on the specific browser.
Go to the website.whatsapp.com with this desktop or computer option enabled. You’ll get a QR code that you’ll need to scan with your smartphone. From your smartphone, in the WhatsApp settings (top left corner), choose ‘WhatsApp Web’ and it will allow you to scan the QR code that appears on the tablet screen.
Once detected, in less than a second all the conversations you have on your smartphone will appear on your tablet. You can write, send and receive messages, images or videos.
In the same place where you clicked to scan the QR code on the smartphone, you can see from which devices you are connected to WhatsApp Web, as well as their location and the name of the terminal, being able to leave them easily.
Install WhatsApp on an Android tablet
- WhatsApp can only be used on one device at a time
- If you sign up for a tablet with your account, you will not be able to use WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- You can also register another number on the tablet but you need to be able to receive an SMS on that number.
The process is simpler than it seems. First we need a phone with the number we’re going to use.
The important thing is that we can receive the sms message with the WhatsApp activation code. Second, we need to have WhatsApp’s APK installed on the tablet. The next steps are as follows:
- Download WhatsApp from the application website. You can do it from the tablet, or download the APK file to the PC and pass it to the tablet memory with a USB cable, as you prefer.
- Install the application from the APK (activating the ‘unknown origins’) and open it.
- Enter the phone number you are going to use.
- You will receive a sms in the phone and you will have to introduce it in the application in the tablet.
- Once the code has been entered into the tablet, you just have to wait for WhatsApp to activate.